Community Forum

KTSF 173

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

KTSF 173

My channel 173 which is normally a korean channel is changed into a vietnamese channel. All the programs on guide are still the korean channel but the display of  channel itself is of a totally different station, a vietnamese station called VSTV. How do I fix this?

New Poster

Re: KTSF 173

The channel has been changed to number 197. I contacted KBS world and it is correct. 197 is now the new KBS World channel

New Poster

I only wish that Comcast would update their program listing to show that KBS is now on ch 197.  Why can't they get it straight? Until then it's impossible to set my DVR to record shows since the programming still lists KBS as being ch 173! And the times are all different for the shows that moved from 172 to 197. Maddening...............

New Poster

Happy New Year everyone.

I noticed the SAME problem as of 1/4/2015.  Actually, Ch 173 (KTSF - KBS World) and Ch 197 (KICU2 - KEMS) separately existed (note that Comcast cable box channel list still shows these channels separated) but I heard that these channels started merging (mixed / overlapping concurrent programs) as of recent couple of months.  Looks to me that Comcast or Korean broadcasters merged these channels...  

Even as I write this, I'm seeing on Ch 197 KEMS program followed by KBS World program airing on that same channel.  This means that LESS programs from each channel will be airing (e.g. no more YTN News on KEMS side, less drama/variety show content on KBS World side, etc.)

Question Comcast needs to answer is: WHY? (Can the person who called KBS World share more insight on their reason/plan?)  And will/has KEMS moved to another channel if so which#?  Will 2 channels be separated out again?

Let's all Demand clear amswers to Comcast...

New Poster

Thank you for your post. I also think someone should try to explain what's going on with KBS.  Not only is the programming mixed up, but the schedule seems to be based on EST, not PST (I live in California).  Another gripe is that the quality of the broadcast (sound and picture) on 197 is very poor compared to what it was on 173. I thought KBS was trying to improve, grow and expand in the U.S. but then they go and do this!  At a minimum I wish the scheduling information on the KBS website and Comcast is updated so I (and Tivo) know what and when shows will be aired.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I contacted KTSF who had used Comcast channel 173 to broadcast KBS and I received the response below. It looks like the KBS America schedule is still reflecting the ch. 173 listings.

I just called KEMS tv (ch. 197) to try to find their schedule of KBS shows and here it is:

http://www.kemstv.com/tvschedule/

They said they were aware that KBS fans were going crazy during this change. 

KBS has chosen to discontinue broadcasting KBS World North America service on KTSF since Jan 1, 2015.   As far as we know, they are now on Comcast channel 197.

Thank you for your watching KTSF.

Frances Lee

Programming Department

KTSF

New Poster

Frankly I am dissapointed if it is true that Xfinity cancelled or merged Ch 173 (KTSF - KBS World) with Ch 197 (KICU2 - KEMS). Hasn't 197 been around for a while? Why discountine 173... not enough ratings?

New Poster

At last, the program guide has finally been updated; however, the picture and sound quality is HORRIBLE! - a lot worse than when it was on ch. 173.  It looks like I'm watching a VHS tape.  Can't they offer KBS World in HD format or at the very least in the same quality it was before?  Is this a Comcast issue or a KEMS issue?

Official Employee

Koreanfan wrote:

Frankly I am dissapointed if it is true that Xfinity cancelled or merged Ch 173 (KTSF - KBS World) with Ch 197 (KICU2 - KEMS). Hasn't 197 been around for a while? Why discountine 173... not enough ratings?

Apologies for any confusion.

Programming content and decisions regarding programming on station KTSF is the sole responsibility of the staff and management of KTSF TV. You can reach them at the below: 

KTSF 26
100 Valley Drive
Brisbane, CA 94005
Phone: (415) 468-2626
Fax: (415) 467-7559

http://www.ktsf.com/

http://www.ktsf.com/en/about/

http://www.ktsf.com/en/about/contact-us/

Additionally, programming content and decisions regarding programming on station KICU/KEMS is the sole responsibility of the staff and management of KICU/KEMS. You can reach them at  the below: 

http://www.kemstv.com/

KEMS TV • 2102 Commerce Drive, San Jose, CA 95131 • (408) 433-0001 • info@kemstv.com

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!