Community Forum

Ive read all the threads and tried it all

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Ive read all the threads and tried it all

Read all threads, tried all suggestions. 2 weeks now, it seems the remote is now communicating with x1. I power it on with button on box still nothing, tried the exit thing unplug, change rooms. Change hdmi #. System is only 5 weeks old. It did this before but came back after 2 days
Official Employee

Re: Ive read all the threads and tried it all

What exactly is it doing, your post isn’t clear.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Ive read all the threads and tried it all

Candy_soares wrote:
Read all threads, tried all suggestions. 2 weeks now, it seems the remote is now communicating with x1. I power it on with button on box still nothing, tried the exit thing unplug, change rooms. Change hdmi #. System is only 5 weeks old. It did this before but came back after 2 days

the remote won't turn off the cable set top box it is designed to stay on 24/7. When you press the button on your set top box you are putting the box into standby. The cost savings for standby if you leave the box in standby for 24/7/365 is a savings of around one dollar. Just leave the set top box fully on. you can change the power button's light (LED) to be dimmer or even turn it off completely in the settings menu.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!