Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Is there a way to use wireless headphones with xfinity?

New Poster

Is there a way to use wireless headphones with xfinity?

I can't find anything that says specifically that this is not possible, but I'm surprised since this a common need for couples. One person wants to watch and the other wants to read. 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Is there a way to use wireless headphones with xfinity?

Customer service (online chat) was useless. They said the xfinity box doesn't support wireless headphones. This is not true. I figured it out myself. You have to buy wireless headphones that also have a wireless transmitter. I bought the Sennheiser headphones and the additional little transmitter that goes with them. You pay extra for the transmitter. I also bought an additional audio jack that goes with the transmitter. The directions were good that came with the package.

To connect everything, I found the AUDIO OUT red and white jacks on the back of the Xfinity HDR box and inserted the audio cable. On the other end of this audio cable is the 3.5M connector that goes into the headphone transmitter pigtail. The directions that come with the headphone and transmitter are accurate. The bottom line is I had to give time for the headphones to charge and I had to disconnect them from the charging cable before sound started coming out of the them. They work GREAT!!!!!!!!!! No more having the volume up to 95 for my mom! She can blast through the headphones and I can go back to 65 on the box volume. Best xmas present I ever bought myself.

All Replies
Official Employee

Sure there is, as long as the wireless equipments audio ports match the cable box audio ports
New Poster

Whaaa? that would kind of be the opposite of wireless?  You mean you can do it with special equipment.

Gold Problem Solver

It depends upon which X1 box you have and which headphones you have. You need to have the right combination.

Which X1 box are you trying to connect wireless headphones to? Do you have the headphones? If so, what is the model number of the headphones?

More details would be helpful.

pmbanas wrote:

Whaaa? that would kind of be the opposite of wireless?  You mean you can do it with special equipment.

New Poster

I have Sennheiser RS160 headphones that came with an audio jack Red/White on one end and an audio jack 3.5 m on the other end. I have the first X1 Xfinity HDR box and it has matching audio out jacks for the red/white audio cable. This plugs into the wireless transmitter that goes with the headphones. Unfortunately, no sound it forthcoming through the headphones Smiley Sad.....

New Poster

Customer service (online chat) was useless. They said the xfinity box doesn't support wireless headphones. This is not true. I figured it out myself. You have to buy wireless headphones that also have a wireless transmitter. I bought the Sennheiser headphones and the additional little transmitter that goes with them. You pay extra for the transmitter. I also bought an additional audio jack that goes with the transmitter. The directions were good that came with the package.

To connect everything, I found the AUDIO OUT red and white jacks on the back of the Xfinity HDR box and inserted the audio cable. On the other end of this audio cable is the 3.5M connector that goes into the headphone transmitter pigtail. The directions that come with the headphone and transmitter are accurate. The bottom line is I had to give time for the headphones to charge and I had to disconnect them from the charging cable before sound started coming out of the them. They work GREAT!!!!!!!!!! No more having the volume up to 95 for my mom! She can blast through the headphones and I can go back to 65 on the box volume. Best xmas present I ever bought myself.