Community Forum

Investigation Discovery? (And Boomerang)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Investigation Discovery? (And Boomerang)

I tried to watch my ID channel last night and got the message that a subscription is required for this channel.  I have the Digital Preferred Tier (210+ Channels).  I looked at the channel lineup for my area and do not even see this listed anymore.  What happened to it?  Will it be coming back?

Also, is there a chance of getting Boomerang added to my area's lineup?

My zip is 20832

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Investigation Discovery? (And Boomerang)

Employee ComcastTeds has posted that Comcast has made the bizarre decision to include ID channel and several others in Digital Starter only (don't know about Boomerang). https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/TruTv/m-p/3109233#M94783 says:

In many areas, there are 6 channels that are not in any of the bundle packages. They are specific to Digital Starter only and one cannot get them in any of the "above" packages either (Digital Preferred, etc).

They are ID (investigation Discovery), Oxygen, TruTV, UP, WE, and WGN. These channels are only available only with the Digital Starter package.

Regular Visitor

Re: Investigation Discovery? (And Boomerang)

I had these channels until recently and did watch them. A month or so ago I got rid of my full Comcast lineup that included l movie channels and that's when they went away so I'm not understanding why I'm being told they're for digital starter only when I had them up until I went to a lower package, just not the lowest of digital starter.