Community Forum

Internet Explorer 9 not playing videos

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Internet Explorer 9 not playing videos

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 16

Safari 5.1

Firefox 10.0

If you could please private message me your Shift+L output it would be greatly appreciated. Please go here to learn how.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Official Employee

Re: Internet Explorer 9 not playing videos

Hi all,

I am sorry but at this time I have no update on the IE9 video playback issue but our team is still working on it.

Our team, as a precautionary security move, is going to store your Shift+L outputs while we work on this issue. Also, going forward, we are going to ask users to private message or e-mail this information to us.

You may be asking yourself "Does this affect my security if I posted my Shift+L in this thread?". The answer no. This does not concern the users who posted on this thread but it could for other users who post their information in the future. We do not want users posting this in the threads any longer. We do not want users to see others' Shift+L output and then post theirs.

Thank you all who have posted their output, it is very appreciated.

We thank you for your cooperation and patience and sorry for this inconvenience,

Joe

Official Employee

Re: Internet Explorer 9 not playing videos

Hi all,

Videos should now be working in the 32-bit version IE9.

Thank you for your patience and feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe