Community Forum

Instagram app on X1, can only view my photos and none of people I'm followling?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: Instagram app on X1, can only view my photos and none of people I'm followling?

Hey, thanks for your help on this. Sometime after your reply I got to a department that makes your apps at comcast, and guy that was pretty high up and knew about about this issue. He told me they were working with Instagram or a way to show the other photos and it was a work in progress. This was about 5 months ago. Is there a way you can check to see if this feature will be coming back? It's pretty pointless to only be able to see YOUR OWN photos for Instagram and FB too. The reason you sign up on those site is to see everyone elses photos.....

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Instagram app on X1, can only view my photos and none of people I'm followling?

Jason_B wrote:
Thank you very much for the reply. It doesn't make sense to me why that tab is missing for followers, because the whole point of Instagram is to view what your followers are posting, their photos.

Thanks for your patience while I researched this one. In the late fall of 2016, Facebook instituted a policy change for both Facebook and Instagram where News/Following feeds could not be rebuilt within third party apps. The X1 Photos app was in effect syndicating/rebuilding a user’s Instagram Following feed.

With the policy change, the "Following" feature stopped working within the X1 Photos app which resulted in only a user’s own photos being visible.

The images and screen shots shown at https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-browse-facebook-instagram-flickr-photos/?v... need to be replaced.

We are working with the right teams now to update that page so that it reflects the current situation. Thanks for your patience.  

Contributor

Thank you very much for the reply. It doesn't make sense to me why that tab is missing for followers, because the whole point of Instagram is to view what your followers are posting, their photos.
Official Employee

Apologies for the delay in responding. I have shared this issue with some of our X1 product team so that we can review further. Thanks for your patience.

Contributor

can we get an update on this? It's still not working. You can only view your own photos. The "Following" tab is still missing. This used to work and it used to be there. I've also tried this on two friends boxes and the same thing. Someone at comcast removed this feature it seems globally! Please help! See screen shots above.  I used to use this feature all the time, and now it's not working. This is one of reasons I keep comcast and haven't switched to verizon. People love their social media...

Also, it's listed right on comcast's website that the "following" tab should be there:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-browse-facebook-instagram-flickr-photos/?v...

HOW10574_10_16_15_02.png
ig1.jpg
Contributor

I've done this and no one has called me back?????????

Gold Problem Solver

Call into Comcast and register a trouble ticket.
Contributor

Who to contact about this not working as advertised????
Contributor

Can we get some clarification on this?

Contributor

I'm confused, the support page on comcast's website says I can see my followers photos. Why would I only want to ONLY see my own photos? I only have 5. You are supposed to have the choice of "your photos" or "following". I'm missing the "following" choice. It's not there/listed, not even a choice, BUT, the below is from comcast's support page for instagram app on X1:

Instagram: View Your Photos (default) or Following; play a slideshow of the photos in those collections (if you configured with your Instagram profile).
https://secure.xfinity.com/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/x1_apps/HOW10574_10_16_15_02.png

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-browse-facebook-instagram-flickr-photos/?v...

I don't have the "Following" tab.

comcast_instagram.jpg
Gold Problem Solver

Jason_B wrote:

Instagram app on X1, only shows MY PHOTOS, it won't let me see the main feed of the people I follow. What do I do?

The APP is named Instagram Photos which showcases YOUR Photos, not the ones you follow.

Contributor

Instagram app on X1, can only view my photos and none of people I'm followling?

Instagram app on X1, only shows MY PHOTOS, used to show your followers and always had "following" tab. it won't let me see the main feed of the people I follow. What do I do?

What's the point of only seeing your own photos? Instagram is for one thing, seeing the photos of the people you follow.