Community Forum

Incorrect X1 Voice Command Search Results

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Incorrect X1 Voice Command Search Results

So far, X1 is AMAZING! Just got it all up and running last night.

I used voice search with the following commands and did not get the results I expected:

"Show me car programs", "Show me hot rod programs", "Show me programs about cars", "Show me automobile programs"...

The first time (using "cars" in the command), I got "Cars" the animated Disney movie.

The other commands did not give me any results remotely related to anything to do with cars or automobiles. Drama shows like Chicago Med and others were listed. No car programs.

Velocity is an entire channel devoted to the general topic. Why would the system not find any car-related content for me?

Am I the only one getting that kind of search response?

Maybe the data base does not include auto-related keywords.

Maybe I am doing something wrong...

Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Incorrect X1 Voice Command Search Results

We have no clue how voice search comes up with the results it does.

I have learned to work around those issues by using other means.

And it is true that voice search has some REAL BIG limitations.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Thank you for your reply.

With the way technology has evolved in recent years, I am still completely amazed at all the things it can do for us! I am guessing that as more users use the system, the system will be "learning" more too. Very impressive now. I am sure things will get better as the systems evolve and grow.

A search initiated from the remote key pad gave better results. If voice does not respond, there is always the option to use the lettered/numbered keys to do a text-based search.

Overall... Still very happy with all the things X1 has to offer!

Expert
Moved:

Expert

closing 2-year old thread

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.