Community Forum

IF you can't control your tv from your pc

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

IF you can't control your tv from your pc

Navigate to Xfinity tv and sign in like you are signing in to your email. At the top of the page, right corner is and option thatis outlined in blue which says ,profile.

Your email ID should be next to it if you have signed in. Click on it and follow the directions until it says you are finished. You should then be able to control your tV from your pC.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

that is indeed what you need to do.

Official Employee

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc


rocky105 wrote:

Navigate to Xfinity tv and sign in like you are signing in to your email. At the top of the page, right corner is and option thatis outlined in blue which says ,profile.

Your email ID should be next to it if you have signed in. Click on it and follow the directions until it says you are finished. You should then be able to control your tV from your pC.


DVR Manager is available in your area. However, you do not have any compatible boxes in your household.

 

Go here to see a list of compatible boxes and then find your nearest Comcast Service Center and see if your area as any compatible boxes which you can swap out.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

I'm not able to use this functionality either for some reason.  I have a Pace RNG110 cable box (as of about 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to HD), which I think is compatible and I've done the profile setup.  

 

But when I hit the "Control Your TV" button, I get an error message saying

"No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.

Learn more about what you need to make this application work in your home."

 

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc


konvajw wrote:

I'm not able to use this functionality either for some reason.  I have a Pace RNG110 cable box (as of about 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to HD), which I think is compatible and I've done the profile setup.  

 

But when I hit the "Control Your TV" button, I get an error message saying

"No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.

Learn more about what you need to make this application work in your home."

 

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.


I am sorry but the Pace RNG110 is not compatible.

 

The Pace RNG150 and RNG200 are compatible in select trail markets.

 

Find your nearest Comcast Service Center and see if they have any compatible boxes that will let you swap out.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

Thanks for your help.  The RNG100 is listed on the "Learn More" link I included as a compatible device, but maybe that is for something else. (Like the Xfinity iPad app?)

Frequent Visitor

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

I'm all set now and controlling the tv from my pc is working now with RNG110 cable box.  There were some account setup issues that they fixed.  Cool feature!

New Poster

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

Both my boxes are listed on the "Manage cable boxes and DVR" page. I have an RNG110 and RNG200N(a DVR box which i believe is actually the DCX 3501).  The "show name on tv" works for each box - so I have come control from the computer for each box. The "Manage cable boxes and DVR" page indicates that "TV control" is on for both boxes. But, when I try to change the channel from my PC, I can only change the channel fro the RNG110. There's no option to change the channel for the other box (the RNG200N - DCD 3501). Is there something I need to do to enable computer control over this other box?

New Poster

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

Never mind - just figured it out. There's a black bar at the bottom of the web page that shows which box you're controlling. Cool feature.

Frequent Visitor

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

I've been playing with this too - it shows TV Control ON - but nothing happens.  Try to display name - nothing happens - try to change channel - nothing happens.  I can see my scheduled recordings online - so I assume that I'm 'connected' to my box -but whe I try to schedule something... nothing happens. And the web user interface leaves lots to be desired. Overall a frustrating experience.

Official Employee

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc


MartyXrayOne wrote:

I've been playing with this too - it shows TV Control ON - but nothing happens.  Try to display name - nothing happens - try to change channel - nothing happens.  I can see my scheduled recordings online - so I assume that I'm 'connected' to my box -but whe I try to schedule something... nothing happens. And the web user interface leaves lots to be desired. Overall a frustrating experience.


When you try to set a recording or change the channel through your PC does any type of message pop-up?

 

Is the correct box selected as your default box? Go here to check it out: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

It gives me a general error message, that the request cannot be completed at this time and to try again in a few minutes (45 minutes ago).  I click "Show name on TV", and nothing appears on the TV.

 

It also urges me to contact Comcast through the 1-800 number, but I have already unplugged/plugged everything back in so I don't think the 1-800 number would be worth the trouble.

Frequent Visitor

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

So, I have an explorer 3250 HD and I keep getting the "no compatible boxes" error when I try to watch xfinity on demand titles. When I click on the "learn more" link it tries to get me to download a PHONE app. Why do I need to put something on my phone to watch On Demand titles on my PC? I do not want to do this. When I clicked on your link to find a list of compatuble boxes I get the same link to the phone app download. Is there no other choice anymore? I used to be able to watch On Demand on my computer, but not anymore.

 

New Poster

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

I just tried to complete my profile but I keep getting stuck on the tv control screen. All I get is a blank screen. I'm not able to change channels from my iPad. I thought my cable box was compatible -I have a Pace RNG110 cable box.
New Poster

Re: IF you can't control your tv from your pc

Message at the bottom of what black page that shows which tv being controlled?

How do I select my default tv for control?  I have 3 and two of them are "off"

When I hit "show name on tv", that works ok but cannot change channels.

 

gruhs2001@yahoo.com