Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

I want independant tvs in separate rooms.

Frequent Visitor

I want independant tvs in separate rooms.

Since having to upgrade to the new paltform, I can no longer have room tvs independant of each other. Everytime there is an issue with the main box, all rooms are out. Before I "upgarded" I was told my rooms would be still independant, but Xfinity will no longer support old platform so I had to "upgrade". So I ordered 4 main boxes, more than willing to pay extra for the independance of rooms. What I got was 1 main box with 3 sub-boxes and informed when I called stating this is not what I ordered, Xfinity will not allow 4 main boxes to an account for independant rooms. Xfinity, your new platform "really Bad Word". Xfinity, do you really think this is an upgrade. When one box goes out, I want to be able to watch tv in another room while I spend hours on phone or computer trying to fix other box. As a side note, I had to spend 64 hours on phone trying to get the billing errors corrected since this "upgrade".

Official Employee

Re: I want independant tvs in separate rooms.

Hello paulm536, I understand what you're saying and I apologize if you were under the impression that the new equipment would operate separately. Your new equipment (X1) does work in each room and can have different content playing at any time, what you have described above is a function of how your MoCa network operates. The 3 smaller companion boxes are connect to the main DVR through a technology called MoCa. If the main cable box (DVR) is having issues then the same problem can trickle to the companion equipment. If you'd like you can go into a local Comcast service center and request your old equipment or we can get the old boxes shipped back out to you.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I want independant tvs in separate rooms.

No I did not get what I needed. The platform you have no longer provides the type of service I had and required. I am now stuck with second rate situation for my home. Your company promised that I would have each room independent and it is not. At least once a week, the main box has to be reset and then every room is without service.
Question for you, why would I want old equipment that as your employee stated, would no longer be supported and may not work, along with the consistant messaging "upgrade your equipment to be able to view"? Every week the main box screws up and has to be reset, then every room is without service. This is what you call independent rooms? Again as history proves your "upgrades" drop services standards to lowest common denominator.
I have spent over 100 hours on the phone with your customer service since I started with this Comcast account 4 years ago. You farm out customer services to foreign countries which may speak English, but do not comprehend. Seven hours on the phone just to straighten out wrong billing for equipment I do not have, is beyond words.