Community Forum

I can't access my DVR manager in the new xfinity website

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I can't access my DVR manager in the new xfinity website

I can't seen to access my DVR Manager on the new website

Contributor

Re: I can't access my DVR manager in the new xfinity website

I can't either, where is the DVR manager with this new website..this is ridiculous, please tell us how to get this feature back

Silver Problem Solver

galerie wrote:

I can't either, where is the DVR manager with this new website..this is ridiculous, please tell us how to get this feature back

I now have to use my Xfinity smartphone apps to schedule recordings.  FWIW, I DO have the X1 DVR service.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

well I downloaded the xfinity remote to get the dvr manager but when I try to record it says not available, comcast takes a good thing and screws it up. can't win with this company

Bronze Problem Solver

osfan1951 wrote:

With the changes comcast has made, x1 service with cloud storage enabled is required to see recordings and scheduled recordings on web site and the tv app. Comcast does claim that the tv remote app can be used for non x1 customers to see dvr manager functions, but some have reported it's no longer true.

Official Employee

galerie wrote:

well I downloaded the xfinity remote to get the dvr manager but when I try to record it says not available, comcast takes a good thing and screws it up. can't win with this company

Within the XFINITY TV Remote app, please visit "Settings" and select a default device (television). If you don't see any devices listed, signing out and back in again will usually clear it up. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Please attempt the impossible. I am not and will never be, an X1 subscriber. Explain to me why a web based app on my Android smartphone can manage my DVR, but the XFinity website on my PC is now designed to not allow me to manage my DVR, unless I move to X1.

With the changes made to the TV Remote app on the phone, it appears designed to move people to X1. It may just have the opposite effect. As a software engineer, Comcast is shaming my profession.

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

osfan1951 wrote:

With the changes comcast has made, x1 service with cloud storage enabled is required to see recordings and scheduled recordings on web site and the tv app. Comcast does claim that the tv remote app can be used for non x1 customers to see dvr manager functions, but some have reported it's no longer true.

That is accurate, m.venanzi.  The XFINITY TV Remote app allows both X1 and non-X1 customers to schedule and manage their DVR or tune to live, On Demand or DVR recordings. There was a delay in getting the Android version with DVR Manager released but that was rectified on October 4th. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

plummerl wrote:

Please attempt the impossible. I am not and will never be, an X1 subscriber. Explain to me why a web based app on my Android smartphone can manage my DVR, but the XFinity website on my PC is now designed to not allow me to manage my DVR, unless I move to X1.

With the changes made to the TV Remote app on the phone, it appears designed to move people to X1. It may just have the opposite effect. As a software engineer, Comcast is shaming my profession.

Comcast's view is stated in the first post of the Announcement thread

"Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

As we work to create the best digital customer experience, all of the programming from our Xfinity TV Go website is now part of the Xfinity TV online portal (xfinity.com/watch), giving customers one place to watch TV and movies (including purchased content) whether they are at home or on-the-go."

Official Employee

plummerl wrote:

The XFINITY TV and TV Remote apps on both iOS and Android are fully native apps - they are not web-based.  The pre 3.0 version of TV Remote on Android had one feature (DVR Manager) which was web based.  That is no longer the case. 

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

osfan1951 wrote:

That is accurate, m.venanzi.  The XFINITY TV Remote app allows both X1 and non-X1 customers to schedule and manage their DVR or tune to live, On Demand or DVR recordings. There was a delay in getting the Android version with DVR Manager released but that was rectified on October 4th. 

Some posters without x1 were reporting yesterday that the tv remote app was redirecting to a web page telling them to get the tv app when they tried to go to dvr functions I have x1 and therefore can't test. See here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/This-quot-New-quot-website-TV-listings/m-p/2815450#M....

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

osfan1951 wrote:

Some posters without x1 were reporting yesterday that the tv remote app was redirecting to a web page telling them to get the tv app when they tried to go to dvr functions I have x1 and therefore can't test. See here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/This-quot-New-quot-website-TV-listings/m-p/2815450#M....

Versions of TV Remote on Android older than 3.0 had a web based DVR Manager which was hosted on the former TV Go website. Until these users upgrade to TV Remote 3.0+, they will get stuck in a loop because TV Remote DVR Manager on Android is sending them to the TV Go website DVR Manager which has been redirected to the XFINITY TV portal which sends them to the app store to download the XFINITY TV app because we roadblock mobile devices. 

Edited to add "on Android" earlier in the response for clarity. iOS TV Remote had a native DVR Manager so didn't experience this issue.

Regular Contributor

ComcastDan wrote:

plummerl wrote:

The XFINITY TV and TV Remote apps on both iOS and Android are fully native apps - they are not web-based.  The pre 3.0 version of TV Remote on Android had one feature (DVR Manager) which was web based.  That is no longer the case. 

Well I'm sorry, the "fully native app" on my Android is still using the internet for transferring data to and from a GUI on my phone. Give me a break.

Bronze Problem Solver

plummerl wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

plummerl wrote:

Well I'm sorry, the "fully native app" on my Android is still using the internet for transferring data to and from a GUI on my phone. Give me a break.

What version of the tv remote app are you using?

Regular Contributor

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

"Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

As we work to create the best digital customer experience, all of the programming from our Xfinity TV Go website is now part of the Xfinity TV online portal (xfinity.com/watch), giving customers one place to watch TV and movies (including purchased content) whether they are at home or on-the-go.

I'm quite aware of the fluffy, "best thing since sliced bread" announcement. What I'm not sure I understand is whether Comcast understands the difference between being able to watch DVR recordings and simply managing recording activity. The announcement simply talks to X1 cloud watching recordings. I really have no interest in watching my recordings on my PC, I simply want to be able to manage it from my PC. As far as the TV Remote Android app, each day brings yet another since of wonderment with regards to what it can do wrong. Yesterday I reviewed my scheduled recordings. Today, I have nothing scheduled for the next 14 days. Earlier this week I had no recordings, but it stated my DVR was 84% full.

Regular Contributor

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

plummerl wrote:

Version 3.0.0.028, Made with LUV in Philadelphia. Sorry, I'm just not feeling it.

Bronze Problem Solver

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

As we work to create the best digital customer experience, all of the programming from our Xfinity TV Go website is now part of the Xfinity TV online portal (xfinity.com/watch), giving customers one place to watch TV and movies (including purchased content) whether they are at home or on-the-go.

I'm quite aware of the fluffy, "best thing since sliced bread" announcement. What I'm not sure I understand is whether Comcast understands the difference between being able to watch DVR recordings and simply managing recording activity. The announcement simply talks to X1 cloud watching recordings. I really have no interest in watching my recordings on my phone, I simply want to be able to manage it from my PC. As far as the TV Remote Android app, each day brings yet another since of wonderment with regards to what it can do wrong. Yesterday I reviewed my scheduled recordings. Today, I have nothing scheduled for the next 14 days. Earlier this week I had no recordings, but it stated my DVR was 84% full.

I agree that comcast has not made their drive for this new site clear. I have X1 and cloud and on the old site I was able to click on a channel and the cable box would change to that channel, I was able to click a recording or on demand show/movie and it would start playing on my tv through the cable box, comcast has removed these features. They have not given any reason why, but state that you can still do it through the remote app. I don't understand the logic, the web site is used at home just as much as it would be out of home.

Bronze Problem Solver

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

plummerl wrote:

Version 3.0.0.028, Made with LUV in Philadelphia. Sorry, I'm just not feeling it.

That is the latest version. In the app's settings, are the "Defaul DVR" and "Default STB" set correctly?

Regular Contributor

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

plummerl wrote:

That is the latest version. In the app's settings, are the "Defaul DVR" and "Default STB" set correctly?

Yes, today they are.

Bronze Problem Solver

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

Yes, today they are.

...and today does the app let you see list of recording and scheduled? Does it let you play recordings?

Regular Contributor

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

Yes, today they are.

...and today does the app let you see list of recording and scheduled? Does it let you play recordings?

No, as I mentioned, I can see details of the recordings, but my scheduled recordings show:

Nothing is scheduled for the next 14 days. Put your DVR to work.....

I actually do have quite a few scheduled, from looking at the DVR itself. It indicates that I can watch recordings, but as a non-X1, I'm assuming that it will be a true remote and activate it on the DVR. Again, all I want is DVR Management.

Bronze Problem Solver

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

Yes, today they are.

No, as I mentioned, I can see details of the recordings, but my scheduled recordings show:

I actually do have quite a few scheduled, from looking at the DVR itself. It indicates that I can watch recordings, but as a non-X1, I'm assuming that it will be a true remote and activate it on the DVR. Again, all I want is DVR Management.

Yes, it will play your recordings on the dvr/tv, that is true for x1 as well. As far as not showing your scheduled, ComcastDan's help is needed. Have you tried logging out and back in?

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

Yes, today they are.

Yes, it will play your recordings on the dvr/tv, that is true for x1 as well. As far as not showing your scheduled, ComcastDan's help is needed. Have you tried logging out and back in?

m.venazai is corrent, the XFINITY TV Remote app should properly show you scheduled recordings with or without X1 Cloud DVR. Signing out and back in should clear that up. Sorry for any issues you may be experiencing. I will pass it onto the development team and hope to resolve quickly.

Regular Visitor

How do you enable the cloud DVR? I have the DVR and x-1 but still cant program squat from a computer.

Bronze Problem Solver

sheltbt wrote:

How do you enable the cloud DVR? I have the DVR and x-1 but still cant program squat from a computer.

Only comcast can enable cloud dvr to your account, call and ask what it costs for your package. For some its free, for others its been about $10.

Regular Contributor

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

m.venazai is corrent, the XFINITY TV Remote app should properly show you scheduled recordings with or without X1 Cloud DVR. Signing out and back in should clear that up. Sorry for any issues you may be experiencing. I will pass it onto the development team and hope to resolve quickly.

Sounds good in theory, reality proves otherwise. The only response to signing in and out were the minutes it spent in repopulating the so-called grid listing. Scheduled recordings continues to suggest that I should put the DVR to work.

Bronze Problem Solver

plummerl wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Sounds good in theory, reality proves otherwise. The only response to signing in and out were the minutes it spent in repopulating the so-called grid listing. Scheduled recordings continues to suggest that I should put the DVR to work.

Crazy, the only other thing I can think of in uninstall and reinstall the app

Bronze Problem Solver

m.venanzi wrote:

plummerl wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Crazy, the only other thing I can think of in uninstall and reinstall the app

Another thing to try is power cycle your dvr

New Poster

I have the same issue as several others posting in the last few days.

With the old page, I could click a channel and watch on TV

I could click a listing, click record, and have it scheduled.

With the new page, nothing is available for the DVR

It looks like they are pushing people to load a smartphone app to do things that used to work from a home web page.

I do NOT have a personal smartphone, and loading something like that on my work phone is a violation. An App is useless.

Xfinity seems to be pushing the concept of watching shows on phones, tablets, pc's, and laptops via the internet.

Maybe I'm old school, but I spent good money on a 55" HD screen & a very good sound system. Why in the heck would I want to watch anything on a lessor screen? 

Just bring back the expanded listings, full DVR control, and web site access.

I called Comcast lest night, complaining on the same stuff, was hung up on twice, they remotely rebooted my router (messed with a process that I had going for work)

Third guy, after over 20 minutes of hold, came back and told me thaat they were releasing a patch last night and it all should be working today.

Want to bet it's working today?

They can take stuff that is at leat working, and make it worse.

Bronze Problem Solver

Shishko wrote:

I have the same issue as several others posting in the last few days.

With the old page, I could click a channel and watch on TV

I could click a listing, click record, and have it scheduled.

With the new page, nothing is available for the DVR

It looks like they are pushing people to load a smartphone app to do things that used to work from a home web page.

I do NOT have a personal smartphone, and loading something like that on my work phone is a violation. An App is useless.

Xfinity seems to be pushing the concept of watching shows on phones, tablets, pc's, and laptops via the internet.

Maybe I'm old school, but I spent good money on a 55" HD screen & a very good sound system. Why in the heck would I want to watch anything on a lessor screen? 

Just bring back the expanded listings, full DVR control, and web site access.

I called Comcast lest night, complaining on the same stuff, was hung up on twice, they remotely rebooted my router (messed with a process that I had going for work)

Third guy, after over 20 minutes of hold, came back and told me thaat they were releasing a patch last night and it all should be working today.

Want to bet it's working today?

They can take stuff that is at leat working, and make it worse.

Unless you have x1 service with cloud storage enabled, you can no longer control dvr, set a recording, or change channels using the web site. Tech support doesn't seem to know their new web site requirements yet.

Frequent Visitor

The new system is horrible. I do not and will never have the X1 platform. The web-site is totally usless.

Dear Comcast, just save us all money and delete the entire Comcast Xfinity (so called) web services.

Regular Contributor

After using the ecare@comcast.com approach, I've been involved in a discussion with Angel Y., repesenting Tom Karinshak.

After several exchanges, regarding the dropping of the DVR Manager from the web site, as well as issues with the Android TV Remote to do the same, the conversation finally crashed with the suggestion that life would be so much better by converting to X1. The most amazing admission was this:

In your most recent e-mail, you state that previously you were using the website to manage your DVR but recently you have been unable to do so. In addition, you state that the Android TV remote app does not list any scheduled entries despite troubleshooting that you have completed thus far. Mr. xxx, customers who subscribe to DVR service but do not have the XFINITY X1 Entertainment Platform may not be able to manage their DVR or utilize the Android TV remote app to view their scheduled entries in the manner that I mention above. I would like to make it clear that this is not an attempt to persuade you to upgrade to the X1 Entertainment Platform, I am simply saying that these features may not be available for our non-X1 subscribers. The information that I mention above is what I was advised of in our corporate office this morning. I can state with confidence that I have spoken to some Comcast subscribers who love their non-X1 equipment and non-X1 experience so any decisions about your XFINITY equipment and experience are yours to make.

That being said, it is my part of my professional duty and responsibility at this point to advise you that here at Comcast, we offer a few different options for upgrading to the X1 entertainment platform. We can schedule a professional installation by a Comcast service technician, mail you a “Self Install Kit” through the mail (which includes the necessary equipment and proper instructions so that you may install it in your home yourself) or you can visit a local service center to pick up X1 equipment. The options offered seem advantageous to different people for different reasons. The following link is a great resource of information on the X1 entertainment platform and the benefits having X1 in your home:

http://www.xfinity.com/x1

This is simply unbelievable!

Contributor

I agree with all of the above, especially this: 

>> Just bring back the expanded listings, full DVR control, and web site access.

I have a hardware DVR (non-X1) and was happy with my ability to manage the DVR from my PC.  It was a great system, and one reason I stuck with Comcast.  Now that's gone, and my android app serves as a very poor susbstitute for browsing and scheduling recordings, and is completely nonfunctional when it comes to managing or even reviewing scheduled recordings. 

Comcast deleted a well-designed web-based system and substituted a not-ready-for-beta mobile version--which, even if it functioned as advertised, would be a poor replacement.  As an adjunct, it would be fine. But a replacement--no. 

Why can they not restore the previously installed web access? 

New Poster

New Poster

I've read this thread and it appears that "features" are now reserved for X1 customers.   Normally, upgrading service simply adds functions and features.   Obviously Xfinity has decided to eliminate certain features to non-X1 customers as stated by a previous commenter to push us into X1.

I may be old school - but I don't have any desire to watch TV on my phone.   I do not see the attaction of watching shows on a 7-inch screen when most people 36" and larger TVs in many rooms in their home.