Community Forum

Hurricane Irene

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Hurricane Irene

Just a note that if you are on the East Coast, you may have outages, even if you have power. Cable has many amplifiers and other electronics between you and the head end, and if the power goes out along that line, they may only last a few hours before backup batteries die. And, of course, lines may be damaged by trees or wind. The satellite and other feeds could also have issues if the dishes get out of whack, or Internet lines are out.

Just be patient, report what you can to Comcast. Complaining here won't do much as this is mainly a user-to-user help forum, not direct Comcast contact.

For reference, the S0A00 (or whatever) error is just the box saying 'I cannot find a signal'.

Regular Visitor

Re: Hurricane Irene

hd box not working all others are

Gold Problem Solver

Q: I have TV service but it goes in and out and the picture quality is not as good as usual.
A: Temporary fluctuations in your cable service may occur throughout the restoration period. You may experience brief losses of your cable services or degradation of picture quality as the power continues to be restored throughout the area.

Q: Why did I lose my TV, Internet and Voice services and still have power?
A: While Comcast’s facilities are generally located on the same poles as electric companies, the utilities are often fed from a different power source than the cable. There are different “distribution” points along the way. If one of these distribution points does not have commercial power, your cable will not work. See How Cable Works  for more details.

http://www.comcast.com/hurricaneseason/

Frequent Visitor

I don't even get that error; my guess is that the box isn't even connecting the local node.

We're in VA and don't have TV or Internet services.  While andy's post is true, it's an issue for those that work from and rely on Comcast's internet services.  While I'll say it was a hurricane and tv/internet is normally a luxury than anything else for those that work from home it's a utility and one that is necessary to bring home the bacon.

From what I understand Verizon has done a heck of a job of keeping services up.  I've seen more Verizon trucks driving around than the 0 trucks I've seen from Comcast.  With exception to the comcast employee on Friday who basically about ran me off the road tailgating and zig-zagging down I95 South to get home before it rained (my assumption on that part).

Regardless it would be nice to at least have something posted high and in the air on what Comcast's reaction to this natural disaster is.  Dominion (for good reason) was very public on what it planned to do.  While Comcast isn't a public utility (yet), it's pretty close and could at least update their main page with information for customers affected.

At any rate, all those involved with keeping customers happy and in the field keep up the great work!