Community Forum

However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

I have a Motorola DCH3416 DVR. Works fine; can even see it remotely from laptop and Android remote app. However, I cannot activate DVR manager.  Website tells me: "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." I have spoken to 7 agents in the past 4 days, for a total of at least 5 hours of hold/talk time. We've confirmed my modem is DOCSIS 3, we've refreshed the signal multiple times to the DVR - nothing works.  Most agents don't even know what to do, and every time I call, we have to recreate the wheel and re-establish what modem I have, what DVR I have, etc.  Seems no one knows how to solve this problem, and I'm growing increasingly frustrated at the phone runaround.  Today someone was on the phone with me for 40 minutes, telling me she couldn't see any of the previous calls I'd made. She ultimately transferred me to some activation department who told me I had to start over by calling 1800COMCAST - after 40 minutes of being on the phone!  Customer service agents are really nice but the knowledge base is varied, and I just want DVR manager to work. Any advice?

New Poster

Re: However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Same problem here. I can view my DVR from my iPhones and tablets, but the website gives me that same error. HELP!

Regular Contributor

Can you direct message me with your Comcast ID (username only)?

Thanks,

Sharon

New Poster

I have about the same problem but in addition to that my remote app says "no eligible TV's".

Just got a new box today which fixed an On Demand problem.  My box prior was only 4 days old.