Community Forum

How to watch past shows and movies on regular tv

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How to watch past shows and movies on regular tv

Hello, How can i watch movies and past tv shows on my regular tv, what channel do i have to tune to or how do I manage that. I see that online via my computer its capable of doing that, but I am unsure on how to manage this function thru my home box or tv.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: How to watch past shows and movies on regular tv

bikecbr2004 wrote:

Hello, How can i watch movies and past tv shows on my regular tv, what channel do i have to tune to or how do I manage that. I see that online via my computer its capable of doing that, but I am unsure on how to manage this function thru my home box or tv.

The easiest way to watch videos from XFINITY.com/tv on your TV is if you have a HDMI port on your computer and TV. Most newer TVs and computers have these ports. Please check with the manufacturers to see if your hardware is compatible.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Re: How to watch past shows and movies on regular tv

ComcastJoe: You really did NOT answer the person's question. I'm sure the user is wanting to know if he/she can just "choose a certain channel on TV" and click "Watch on TV" - So, it looks like the answer is: "It CANNOT be done. No, you cannot just 'watch an episode on-demand' using your remote, on TV - instead, you have to have a computer near the TV, and have an HDMI port on both your computer and your TV, and hook an HDMI cable between the computer and TV; go to Comcast.com, sign in to your account, find an episode you want to watch and play it via your computer - the HDMI cable will give highest definition possible.

Wouldn't it be nice to NOT have to use a laptop or pc near your TV and, instead, have some sort of immediate "Watch-on-TV On-demand" episode ability, for EVERY episode or movie that Comcast provides; sort of like the "Movies-on-Demand" that you can do directly.

Anyway, I think that my answer more fully answers your question. Hope the info is useful.