Community Forum

How to set series recording on "all channels" using HD channels only

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

How to set series recording on "all channels" using HD channels only

How do I set up a series recording on "all channels" using only HD channels.  I can set up a series starting on an HD channel but when I select "all channels" the other channels set up are the low-def channels.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to set series recording on "all channels" using HD channels only

there is no way to do that.  If you choose all channels it means ALL channels SD also, your only options are this channel only, or all channels. 

Regular Visitor

OK.  Thanks for the reply.

Official Employee

Richie59 wrote:

How do I set up a series recording on "all channels" using only HD channels.  I can set up a series starting on an HD channel but when I select "all channels" the other channels set up are the low-def channels.  Thanks.

What show are you trying to record using these settings?

I would like to further look into this.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Regular Visitor

We're trying to record "Terms of Engagement" which is on several different channels including WGN, CBS, NBC, and TBS - maybe others.  All have HD channels.  Starting on WGN - HD, I set up a series recording, all episodes, and when I select "all channels" the other channels in the series recording are the standard definition channels.  Can't find a way to record them all in HD.  Thanks for your interest.

Regular Visitor

Right, my "set" recordings, like on HD Ch. 686 for The Daily Show, Colbert and @Midnight, are all recorded in SD.  Pretty irritating, and can't that be changed?  Also, the recording end, "dump out" a minute or two early, which in the case of a show like @Midnight, is REAL irritating because you can't see who won.

The second lady I've talked to today says she can fix the 2nd problem.  We'll see.

Jerry Ryberg