Community Forum

How to get Xfinity to add KQED Plus to their Santa Rosa CA cable system

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: How to get Xfinity to add KQED Plus to their Santa Rosa CA cable system

I was looking for a way to contact Comcast about just this - can't find a way - Comcast, are you listening?  How about adding KQEDPLUS to your programming?  There appear to be channels reserved. I wrote to KQED and this was their reply:

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your note regarding carriage of KQED Plus via Comcast in your area.

There is a point in the North Marin County where Comcast elects not to include KQED Plus in their line-up, and apparently you're north of that limit. It's a Comcast choice, not KQED's. 

Comcast used to carry KTEH-San Jose in the 707 area many years ago, but dropped the station in the early to mid-1990s to make room for a home shopping channel in the 707 market. KTEH merged with KQED in 2006, and ever since it became part of our station, we've encouraged Comcast to add it back in to the line up in your area. You might let Comcast know you'd love to see KQED Plus in your line-up... perhaps if they hear from enough of their paying customers, they'll eventually change their minds.

Hope this helps explain, and thanks for watching KQED Public Television!

Regards,

Chris Hicks
KQED Audience Services

New Poster

How to get Xfinity to add KQED Plus to their Santa Rosa CA cable system

I'd love to see KQED Plus added to the Xfinity channel lineup in Santa Rosa CA. I miss not having this channel, lot's of wonderful British programes