Community Forum

How to disable the black progress/timeline popup when skipping ahead or back?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How to disable the black progress/timeline popup when skipping ahead or back?

Is there a way to disable the black status/progress area at the bottom of the screen and big forward/reverse symbols when skipping ahead 30 seconds or skipping back 15 seconds?  They are not necessary and are very annoying.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How to disable the black progress/timeline popup when skipping ahead or back?

Nope.
Expert

Re: How to disable the black progress/timeline popup when skipping ahead or back?

rich_b2 wrote:

Is there a way to disable the black status/progress area at the bottom of the screen and big forward/reverse symbols when skipping ahead 30 seconds or skipping back 15 seconds?  They are not necessary and are very annoying.

press the up arrow will disappear. press OK if you want it to return after being dismissed. The up arrow is only for that event, not a permanent setting.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Rustyben wrote:

rich_b2 wrote:

press the up arrow will disappear. press OK if you want it to return after being dismissed. The up arrow is only for that event, not a permanent setting.

Thanks for the response. But pressing extra buttons to make that stuff dissappear is a pain. Comcast should improve it's software so that stuff it shows for fast forward and rewind, but not for skipping ahead 30s or back.