Community Forum

How to Scroll Through Guide with New XR15 Remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How to Scroll Through Guide with New XR15 Remote

So Comcast gave me new equipment and I've got this simple voice activated little XR15 remote.  I can't figure out how to quickly scroll through the guide with it.  It's only got buttons that scroll up or down on the guide one channel at a time, no page up or page down.  Surely there's a way to do this right?  Anyone else figure this out?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to Scroll Through Guide with New XR15 Remote

Does this help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Couldn't find anything...I did see some reference to hitting Page Up and Page Down to navigate on the guide page, but the remote doesn't have a Page Up and Page Down button.

Official Employee

It’s the center arrow up and down, they’re just not labelled

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi Andrew,

The center arrow up and down only scroll through the guide one channel at a time.  I'm trying to figure out how to do it like my old remote did where I could scroll and advance the guide by pages instead of one by one by one which takes an inordinate amount of time and button pressing.

Valued Contributor

The Page Up and Down buttons are to the right of the "Xfinity" button in the middle of the remote.  They are also clearly labeled.

Official Employee

jwmccnn wrote:

The Page Up and Down buttons are to the right of the "Xfinity" button in the middle of the remote.  They are also clearly labeled.

Sorry, I was trying to go from memory.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks guys.  Yeah, you are right.  It appears I have a faulty remote.  Those buttons did nothing for me.  I was at a friends house today and he showed me and I was dumbfounded.  Came home, tried it on mine and nothing.  I’ll go to the Comcast store tomorrow and get a replacement.