Community Forum

How long before you have access to HBO Go and Streampix

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

I just signed up for the Internet Plus package that gives you HBO Go and Streampix. How long does it normally take for all of that to go through so I can login to those apps and start checking out the content? I had called in and a rep had made the change for me.

Regular Visitor

I just signed up for the Internet Plus package that gives you HBO Go and Streampix. How long does it normally take for all of that to go through so I can login to those apps and start checking out the content? I had called in and a rep had made the change for me.

Regular Visitor

Re: How long before you have access to HBO Go and Streampix

No one knows how long it took for their service to become active? Just didn't know if I should call customer service again.

Regular Visitor

So since NO ONE knew the answer to this and I put in the 4hrs of Customer Support call time on it, I might as well answer my own question.

The answer depends...

1.) If you already have TV service and not just on an Internet only type plan before adding HBO Go and StreamPix, the service should be ready almost immediately.

2.) If you are an Internet only type user, like myself, and didn't have TV service it won't become active until they send you a Cable Box. Yup! that's right...a cable box. See the broadcast companies and carriers systems are so jacked up, they can't Truly sell you an Internet Only with some streaming service like HBO Go. They actually HAVE TO give you Basic TV service with HBO added to it. And to go along with that "have to", they HAVE TO send you a cable box (even if its 20yrs old) that is assigned to your account in order to make all of that active.

So in short I did not get access to HBO Go or Streampix until I talked to a rep that realized I needed a cable box (3hrs of call time) and ordered it. Then their 3-5 business days they tell you it takes to get there is REALLY 3-5days to package up a cable box and have it all setup to ship PLUS another 3-5days UPS Ground delivery.

Hope this helps someone else that has the same question. 

New Poster

Thanks for the post, I just signed up for the same thing today and they told me it should be active but it is not. I'll go get the cable box tomorrow. Hopefully that will take care of it.