Community Forum

How do I stream from my X1 to my LG Smart TV?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: How do I stream from my X1 to my LG Smart TV?

Year and half old thread closed
Expert
Moved:

Silver Problem Solver

JosephOfNazaret wrote:

... or 1080p with an AppleTV.

You can't connect AppleTV to the X1 box.  You have to connect it to your TV.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

... or 1080p with an AppleTV.

Expert

GoodDougBoston wrote:

Yes, I realize that now after doing an online chat with one of your colleagues. The Comcast rep who "sold" me on X1 twice told me it was possible to have the box in one room and watch it on a TV in another, as long as it was a SmartTV. TWICE. 

Loathesome as usual, Comcast is. Loathesome. 

you can watch live TV, on-demand, or any dvr recording to any smart device or a desk/laptop using web site xtv.comcast.net while on your comcast internet connection.

if you use a lap/desktop you can use a chromecast to push a less than hd quality stream to the TV via chromecast hdmi connection. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

GoodDougBoston wrote:

Yes, I realize that now after doing an online chat with one of your colleagues. The Comcast rep who "sold" me on X1 twice told me it was possible to have the box in one room and watch it on a TV in another, as long as it was a SmartTV. TWICE. 

Sorry for the misinformation, I'm sure you know now that you need an additional X1 box for that to work.

New Poster

Official Employee

GoodDougBoston wrote:

There is no streaming involved when using the X1 platform.

New Poster