Community Forum

How do I set volume lock on XR11 remote control?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: How do I set volume lock on XR11 remote control?

All you have to do is pair the remote to the box, and then follow the prompts.

Press and hold the setup, LED goes from red to green and follow the prompts.
New Poster

I have one friend who paid to have a Comcast tech come to her house to lock her XR-11 volume to her Bose surround system.  He did that successfully and unabled her TV sound with the TV remote in about one minute.  Now the XR-11 volume controls work the surround system volume, without having the use the AUX button seperately.  Yet, I have been in three chat sessions today to get the instructions to help a friend do the same thing with his XR-11 and I was finally told it cannot be done..  Amazing, but predictable..    

Silver Problem Solver

Doesn't sound like you need volume lock, sounds like the TV and sound bar use the same or very similar codes. Try reprogramming the remote for both the TV and sound bar, and see if you can find a combination of two codes that work the way you want.

Gold Problem Solver

X1 remotes do not have the volume lock you are talking about.

1. Program your Playbar to respond to the same codes that control the volume on your TV.

2. Shut the TV's internal speakers off.

This is the only solution with X1 remotes. Any other solution I can think of would require a 3rd party universal remote.
New Poster

How do I set volume lock on XR11 remote control?

My XR11 control currently controls my Sonos Playbar volume.  However, as I change volume, it also changes my TV volume.  The old Comcast remote allowed for volume lock (so that you don't control the TV volume), but I can't figure out how to do it on the XR11.

Thanks.