Community Forum

How do I replace my 5-year old DVR with a new XI DVR?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

How do I replace my 5-year old DVR with a new XI DVR?

I want to replace my 5-year old Comcast DVR with a new X1 DVR?  Where do I go to complete this process?

Expert

Re: How do I replace my 5-year old DVR with a new XI DVR?

@JDAinAlabama wrote:

I want to replace my 5-year old Comcast DVR with a new X1 DVR?  Where do I go to complete this process?

return it to the Comcast service center and swap it out. Do you have other equipment in the home (set top boxes)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: How do I replace my 5-year old DVR with a new XI DVR?

Thank you for your response!

Update:  I was able to order a new X1 DVR today via a Comcast employee listed in this forum and was told by her to return my old HDR to a Comcast Store.

In answer to the question you posed:  Yes, I do have other set-top devices (2 HD receivers and 2 non-HD adaptors) in my home.   One of the HD receivers is a X1, while the second HD receiver is not a X1 that I plan to swap out for a new X1 set-top box receiver with a X1 remote. Since our local Comcast store only stocks refurbished equipment (often with scratches), I will try to order a new X1 set-top box receiver from a Comcast employee link in this forum.