Community Forum

How do I remove an old device from the DVR Manager on xfinity.com?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

How do I remove an old device from the DVR Manager on xfinity.com?

I recently had to swap out my DVR and would like to set it up in DVR Manager. However, my old one is still showing up and I can't find any way to delete it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How do I remove an old device from the DVR Manager on xfinity.com?

Hello,

Login to xfinitytv website. At the bottom of page on the right hand side you will see a gear click on that. Next the setting page will pop up. Under devices setting click on manage cable boxes & dvr. Next a new page will come up will all the boxes you have. From there you can do what ever you want.

Regular Visitor

You cannot delete a device from that screen, nor can I add my new one. 

Official Employee

cruisefreak184 wrote:

I recently had to swap out my DVR and would like to set it up in DVR Manager. However, my old one is still showing up and I can't find any way to delete it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

When did you hook up your new DVR? I ask because it sometimes can take up to 24 hours for your account and the new box to fully sync.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor

The new box was installed 9 days ago.
Official Employee

cruisefreak184 wrote:
The new box was installed 9 days ago.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I cannot get my old DVR off the DVR Manager. My new one is set up but the old one's individual name still shows up. It was swapped out several months ago. It is showing as a box not being there and we relabeled it No Box but it still shows up. How can it be removed? There is NO OPTION ON ANY WEB PAGE and there should be.

New Poster

ComcastJoe

I had my DVR box replaced a week ago and we only have one box. It shows two rooms Living Room and the tech labled the new box Media Room. Both rooms show up on the DVR Manager and I cannot delete the old box labled "Living Room"? This is confusing because both "Rooms" are recording some of the same and some different programs and we only have the one box. Help.

Official Employee

pdement,

I've forwarded this issue on to our customer support team that resolves these types of problems. I'll let you know when I get any updates on your issue.

- Dan

Official Employee

pdement,

I've been told this issue is resolved. Let me know if you're still seeing any issues and we'll take another look.

- Dan

New Poster

Dan,

not sure who told you this was resolved please send me the resolution to: How do I remove an old device from the DVR Manager on xfinity.com

Peter

Official Employee

They believe they removed the box that is no longer active on your account. You shouldn't need to do anything else.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue....is there a resolution?