Community Forum

How do I drop ESPN from my stations

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: How do I drop ESPN from my stations

New Poster

Re: How do I drop ESPN from my stations

I believe that ESPN is one of the most expensive of the networks that are considered part of the basic packages. How does one suggest that Comcast reevaluate the value of this offering. I have been a Comcast customer for 20 years, paying an estimated $5.00 per month for that period and having watched a total of at most 20 hours of ESPN programming that's $60 per hour of ESPN. I think I'd rather drive to a bar and buy a few drinks and get the sports for free.

 

I suspect the vast majority of Comcast subscribers don't get the value that ESPN's cost would require.

Official Employee

Re: How do I drop ESPN from my stations

Hi erasmus5, I could get this removed for you but like users above stated this is included in the Digital Starter package and above, and if you want to get rid of it you will loose other channels as well.  I will send you a private message to further assist.

 

Thank you

Contributor

Re: How do I drop ESPN from my stations

You don't, unless you want the lowest tiers of service. Anyone who subscribes to a tier higher that Digital Economy is forced to subsidize sports programming for the rest of the Comcast subscribers, even though FIOS surveys have shown that only 10% of subscibers would keep ESPN rather than reduce their bill by $5/month. The other 90% of us have to pay because if only the people who actually WANT sports had to pay for it, the prices would be high enough nobody would buy it. 

Problem Solver

Re: How do I drop ESPN from my stations

ESPN and it's sister networks are part of all packages of Digital Starter and above.

If you don't want ESPN, you'll need either limited basic or Digital Economy, but to do this, you may lose other networks you watch.

Cable channels are bundled, and do not permit Comcast to let customers pick and choose what channels they do or do not want.
New Poster

How do I drop ESPN from my stations

How can I drop ESPN from my comcast account? I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!