Community Forum

How do I disable wifi password lookup using the X1 voice remote?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: How do I disable wifi password lookup using the X1 voice remote?

Thank you Rustyben - that seems to work. Crazy that they would enable that by default.

Frequent Visitor

I had this issue and the pin application locks was the fix... THANK YOU!

however this is something i shouldn't have to look up... The option to disable a password voice command should be more clear in the menus and email communications!
Expert

KADacey wrote:

I recently became aware that you can say "What's my WiFi password?" into the X1 remote and it will display the password on my TV screen. Obviously I don't want just any guest to do this and gain access to the password (nor do I want my kids to know the password and sharing it out randomly to friends). How do I disable this functionality?

see if this parental control will do the job. press the Xfinity button > gear(settings) > parental Controls/application Locks > "OK" > Xfinity xFi and press OK so lock symbol shows.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

How do I disable wifi password lookup using the X1 voice remote?

I recently became aware that you can say "What's my WiFi password?" into the X1 remote and it will display the password on my TV screen. Obviously I don't want just any guest to do this and gain access to the password (nor do I want my kids to know the password and sharing it out randomly to friends). How do I disable this functionality?