Community Forum

How To Remove Programs From Series Priority List?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

How To Remove Programs From Series Priority List?

I know I can see everything I've ever set to record through Series Priorty. There are well over 60 programs there, many no longer on the air. How can I remove programs from that list?

I found this from 2015, but it doesn't work, pressing the D button does nothing:

"Xfinity button to Saved to Scheduled arrow down, then arrow up to highlight Series Priority and press OK.

To remove a show highlight it and press D and you will confirm to cancel"

When it comes to setting the priority, I understand I can move all those old ones down to the bottom of the list, but with so many I'd much rather remove them completely.

Thank you!

Expert

Re: How To Remove Programs From Series Priority List?

RMVT wrote:

I know I can see everything I've ever set to record through Series Priorty. There are well over 60 programs there, many no longer on the air. How can I remove programs from that list?

I found this from 2015, but it doesn't work, pressing the D button does nothing:

"Xfinity button to Saved to Scheduled arrow down, then arrow up to highlight Series Priority and press OK.

To remove a show highlight it and press D and you will confirm to cancel"

When it comes to setting the priority, I understand I can move all those old ones down to the bottom of the list, but with so many I'd much rather remove them completely.

Thank you!

I have over 200 in the list and like yours many are no longer in production. Using just the X1 set top box press the Xfinity button > saved > Scheduled > press down then up and right to series priority and press OK button > press down to highlight a listing to be deleted and press the D button. 

or using iOS device and the Xfinity TV remote app, select DVR manager tab, and Priority list. find one to delete and press the modify button and select cancel series.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

As I wrote above, going to Series Priority, highlighting a show and pressing the D button doesn't do anything here.

Downloaded the iOS app, and modifying, canceling through that DOES work! YAY! Thank you!!

Expert

RMVT wrote:

As I wrote above, going to Series Priority, highlighting a show and pressing the D button doesn't do anything here.

Downloaded the iOS app, and modifying, canceling through that DOES work! YAY! Thank you!!

the X1 menu on that is a bit 'confusing'. What is usually the problem is that after pressing 'down' and the bars move to the line, people want to hit OK then press the D button. If you hit OK you have to go up and back down again to 'not' hit OK and then the D button will work.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

Is there any way to do this from anywhere in the xfinity website?

I know many years ago you could but can't seem to find that same option/area

@ wrote:

RMVT wrote:

the X1 menu on that is a bit 'confusing'. What is usually the problem is that after pressing 'down' and the bars move to the line, people want to hit OK then press the D button. If you hit OK you have to go up and back down again to 'not' hit OK and then the D button will work.

and searching for it through a Search bar/button isn't helping much either.

Official Employee

Series priority was removed online/through mobile apps a few months ago pending appeal
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.