Community Forum

Help in changing X15 remote back to X11.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Help in changing X15 remote back to X11.

@giantssfan wrote:
Thanks for the help it worked. You can have two different remotes for one box?

You can have as many remotes for one X1 box as you have; I have a collection of 8 remotes and they all work with one of my X1 boxes.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the help it worked. You can have two different remotes for one box?
Official Employee

Don't worry what the X15 does, you can have multiple remotes. Instructions above are for the XR11.If you need to, use 981 instead.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for reply. Thought i saw the blonking blue light to reset but x15 still works the same. The x11 i can get only the volume up and down. Very confused
Official Employee

If you still have an XR11 handy, press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green and press 987. Then press and hold setup and then the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code that pops up.
Frequent Visitor

Help in changing X15 remote back to X11.

Is it possible to do so?

Got rhe newest box  and set up with X15 remote and dont like and want to switch back to X11'  

I tried to reset  that clears the box? and was unable to  a d buttons etc and 981 went to channel  Nothing worked.

Thanks for any replies.