Community Forum

HGO GO for Amazon Fire TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

HGO GO for Amazon Fire TV

I've read thatt Comcast has FINALLY agreed to support HBO Go on Roku devices...after YEARS of customers asking for this functionality, even though it's been available via other cable operators.  In the same announcement, it seems that they're going to block access to the Amazon Fire TV/Stick.  Please advise on the status of the availability for this device as well.

Please DO NOT give a canned response like we've seen in the Roku threads.  It's not a device issue...this is an authentication issue that would most likely take engineers a few days/weeks to implement.  That is, iif Comcast wanted to provide the service...that their customers want.

New Poster

Re: HGO GO for Amazon Fire TV

I just called customer service and got a very canned reply---almost like they were reading from a card--about having to "review the technical specifications" for Amazon Fire TV.  When I pressed for some kind of time they said it "could be any time--just like it only took a few weeks for Roku."  (As the previous poster noted, it took YEARS for Roku.)   Then I was told that maybe I should buy some other device that Comcast supports.

So clearly that's the real story here---there is NO technical issue here, it's simply that Xfinity is demanding more financial consideration from Amazon before they will allow Amazon Fire TV to access HBO Go through Comcast.  That being the case there is no telling when Comcast will decide to allow this access.   The only pressure that can be put on them to do so is by customers.

For myself, the next time I get a nice flyer in the mail from Verizon FIOS, instead of chucking it I'll be making a phone call.  If Comcast won't service it's customers it's time to go to a company that does.

Official Employee

Re: HGO GO for Amazon Fire TV

KNAW1016 wrote:

I've read thatt Comcast has FINALLY agreed to support HBO Go on Roku devices...after YEARS of customers asking for this functionality, even though it's been available via other cable operators.  In the same announcement, it seems that they're going to block access to the Amazon Fire TV/Stick.  Please advise on the status of the availability for this device as well.

Please DO NOT give a canned response like we've seen in the Roku threads.  It's not a device issue...this is an authentication issue that would most likely take engineers a few days/weeks to implement.  That is, iif Comcast wanted to provide the service...that their customers want.

Now supported on Amazon Fire TV devices. Thanks for your patience. 

Details here: http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/hbo-go-showtime-anytime-now-available-for-xfinity-tv-cus...