Community Forum

HDMI, Marantz, Xfinity Video stopped working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

HDMI, Marantz, Xfinity Video stopped working

I use component out from the Xfinity 1 box in to my receiver (Marantz 6007) and then HDMI from the receiver to my Panasonic tv. I have had it setup this way for 2 years with no issue. On monday this stopped working spur of the moment.  My DVD player still works through the same setup so i know its not the cable, connection, or receiver.

To troubleshoot i did HDMI out of the xfinity box straight to the tv and that works.

I believe this is an HDMI handshake issue. I have unplugged the xfinity bx and done HDMI reset and nothing changes.

Is there a firmware update that will help with this? Other suggestion?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: HDMI, Marantz, Xfinity Video stopped working

1. Why would you go component out of the X1 box to your Marantz?

2. Have you checked for a firmware update for your Marantz? I have an 5008 and there has been two major firmware updates for it since I bought it.

3. If this an X1 issue (I am not sure it is) there is an update coming that may address this.

RKRSnoqualmie wrote:

I use component out from the Xfinity 1 box in to my receiver (Marantz 6007) and then HDMI from the receiver to my Panasonic tv. I have had it setup this way for 2 years with no issue. On monday this stopped working spur of the moment.  My DVD player still works through the same setup so i know its not the cable, connection, or receiver.

To troubleshoot i did HDMI out of the xfinity box straight to the tv and that works.

I believe this is an HDMI handshake issue. I have unplugged the xfinity bx and done HDMI reset and nothing changes.

Is there a firmware update that will help with this? Other suggestion?

New Poster

I have the same issue with my xfinity 1 HD box and Marantz 6009 reciever. Were you able to figure out the problem? Please advise.

Gold Problem Solver

Try setting the X1 box to something other than 1080p. If you press EXIT EXIT EXIT 480 on the remote that will set the X1 box to 480p. Then you can try setting the X1 box back to 1080p.

1. Have you tried UNPLUGGING everything?
2. Have you tried running the X1 box directly to the TV?
3. Have you moved the X1 box in question to a different location in your house to see what it does?

Not that it will help you but my X1, Marantz SR5008, Panny Plasma setup has worked FLAWLESSLY for almost 2 years now.

praswell wrote:

I have the same issue with my xfinity 1 HD box and Marantz 6009 reciever. Were you able to figure out the problem? Please advise.

Official Employee

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Expert

closing 3 year old thread

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.