Community Forum

HD Pixelation

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

HD Pixelation

Comcast customer service drives me crazy..let me just start with that. 

Anyway - I recently upgraded from SD to HD.  I now get pixelation on HD channels only.   I called and they tried a number of things and then said that a tech was coming out to fix the issue but didn't need to come inside.  Said that they knew the issue was a signal issue and that it would be fixed after they came.  Said that they would leave something in mail box / door saying they came.  

Come home yesterday (the day they were to come) and no note and issue still the same.   Called support today and spoke with someone with broken english that had so much background noise, sounded like they were in the middle of a party.  She kept having me do stupid things like unplug and plug in my HDMI cable and making sure I could change channels to make sure my remote worked.  All I wanted to know was if they tech came which she finally was able to answer and said yes they came.  Kept me on the phone for 30 minutes changes useless things until finally she said she'd patch me thru to the next level.  I held on for about 5 minutes of silence and then she came back saying that they'd have to call me back.  

Wondering if this can be fixed or if I should just cancel, and give Direct TV a try or back to FIOS.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Expert

Re: HD Pixelation

@vinniemeatball wrote:

Comcast customer service drives me crazy..let me just start with that. 

Anyway - I recently upgraded from SD to HD.  I now get pixelation on HD channels only.   I called and they tried a number of things and then said that a tech was coming out to fix the issue but didn't need to come inside.  Said that they knew the issue was a signal issue and that it would be fixed after they came.  Said that they would leave something in mail box / door saying they came.  

Come home yesterday (the day they were to come) and no note and issue still the same.   Called support today and spoke with someone with broken english that had so much background noise, sounded like they were in the middle of a party.  She kept having me do stupid things like unplug and plug in my HDMI cable and making sure I could change channels to make sure my remote worked.  All I wanted to know was if they tech came which she finally was able to answer and said yes they came.  Kept me on the phone for 30 minutes changes useless things until finally she said she'd patch me thru to the next level.  I held on for about 5 minutes of silence and then she came back saying that they'd have to call me back.  

Wondering if this can be fixed or if I should just cancel, and give Direct TV a try or back to FIOS.

Anyone have any ideas? 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi vinniemeatball, apologies for your experiences and I can assist reviewing this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Vinniemeatball, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.