Community Forum

HBOGo Problems

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: HBOGo Problems

I'm watching season 2 episode 4 of true blood on hbo go on my samsung smart tv and this episode is speaking both English and Spanish at the same time, it is very annoying. Please fix it
New Poster

I have a problem getting into HBO GO from my laptop, even though I subscribe to it for TV.  I have tried through Comcast and HBO GO, and both want me to add it as a new upgrade to my service.  I am sitting next to my telephone waiting for an agent to help me with this right now, and I have been on hold for over half an hour with no response from the person who told me to wait.  Anybody else having issues with Comcast responding to this problem?  I'm noticing from the internet that the issue is quite common.  I would think they would try to address it in a better manner.  (Now 32:00 and waiting still).

Frequent Visitor

Edit: wrong thread
New Poster

I tried the number listed. It said that the call will be recorded and then hung up. ..
Frequent Visitor

I have an issue also with HBOGo.com I tried to log in to HBOGO on three seaparate computers and my android tablet. It tells me I do not subscribe to HBO. Well considering I have subscribed to HBO for seeral years, and I have also watch HBOGO on my PC in the past this is a Comcast screw up. I called Support on Saturday after over two hours and THREE DISCONNETIONS I finally found someone who tried to fix issue. She could not and told me she was escalating my case and I would hear back from support either Saturday or Sunday. Here it is Monday an no action. This is why people pirate HBO content because our cable company does no deliver it like it should.

Problem Solver

Moosecakes wrote:
I am having the same exact issue with hbogo and frustration with comcast. The chat person said they were going to look up something and never came back. The phone techs just kept passing me off to others. Did you ever get it fixed?.....aaaagh!

Did you try what's mentioned in the post above yours?

New Poster

I am having the same exact issue with hbogo and frustration with comcast. The chat person said they were going to look up something and never came back. The phone techs just kept passing me off to others. Did you ever get it fixed?.....aaaagh!
New Poster

To whom it may concern:

I have had the same authentication issues that some have experienced. I wanted to share with you how it ended up getting resolved for me.

The key is getting to the right support group to assist you. The general Comcast support group will not be able to help you, as I found out on three different occasions.

1. Call: 877-599-1845 (for HBO/APP issues). ß I’m not sure if this number is regionalized for other customers
  2. This group will create a ticket where it will be handed off to another Application Support tier, 2nd  or 3rd level.
  3. This App. Support group will generate a test and fix between HBO and Comcast. They perform some sort of database adjustment to help resolve the issue.
  4. It would be wise of you to test your various HBO app (PC, Phone, Smart TV) and report back to the support group that assisted you, after you are told they have resolved the problem.
    • I got the number of the App Support Tech and called back as soon as I tested each application.
    • This is overkill, but I wanted to be sure they fixed the problem, since it was nearly 5 days after I had originally called Comcast.

As a reminder, the general Comcast support group will validate your subscription and test your TV’s connection to HBO. It was helpful to check with them first to insure there wasn’t any funny business my HBO subscription, especially if you were upgrading or downgrading your service like I had done. But this general support group quickly stated it was and HBO problem, not Comcast, which was not the case, since I could not log and authenticate on from any HBO App platform (phone, Smart TV, and PC). It was pretty clear where the problem was.

Regards,

Cww75

Official Employee

RJK79 wrote:

I am having problems with HBOGo.  I have a subscription for HBO and everything that I need for HBOGo, and have used it previously, as recently as yesterday with no problems.  I would mainly use it on my XBox 360 with no problems.  When I tried to do so today I got an error message saying to re-activate the device, which is a minor problem but no big deal.  However when I try to do so I can't.  When I try to log in to HBOGo.com I get sent to an error message page at https://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_novideo.html  saying "

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*." 

I have talked to several comcast tech support people today who have had awful ideas to try that we have done: resetting my comcast.net username and password even though I was able to log in fine, clearing history and cookies and cache, send a refresh signal to my boxes (which also reset my modem and killed the online tech support chat, brilliant!), to contact HBOGo even though the error message is on a comcast page, and the most recent advice, just wait an hour and maybe it will fix itself (can't believe that one didn't work).

I've seen several other people on the forum have had similar problems, but couldn't find any solutions that worked, was wondering if anyone had any other ideas?

Thanks

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Highlighted
New Poster

HBOGo Problems

I am having problems with HBOGo.  I have a subscription for HBO and everything that I need for HBOGo, and have used it previously, as recently as yesterday with no problems.  I would mainly use it on my XBox 360 with no problems.  When I tried to do so today I got an error message saying to re-activate the device, which is a minor problem but no big deal.  However when I try to do so I can't.  When I try to log in to HBOGo.com I get sent to an error message page at https://login.comcast.net/h/tve_unauthorized_novideo.html  saying "

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*." 

I have talked to several comcast tech support people today who have had awful ideas to try that we have done: resetting my comcast.net username and password even though I was able to log in fine, clearing history and cookies and cache, send a refresh signal to my boxes (which also reset my modem and killed the online tech support chat, brilliant!), to contact HBOGo even though the error message is on a comcast page, and the most recent advice, just wait an hour and maybe it will fix itself (can't believe that one didn't work).

I've seen several other people on the forum have had similar problems, but couldn't find any solutions that worked, was wondering if anyone had any other ideas?

Thanks

Tags (1)