Community Forum

HBO Go

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

HBO Go

We added HBO to our TV service earlier this week but I cannot login to HBO Go on Ipad or the PC. When I put in my user name and password, it keeps directing me to HBO on Demand through the Xfinity webpage.   Do I need to do something else to access HBO Go?

New Poster

Re: HBO Go

Finally talked to someone at Comcast last night who said it typically takes two days for HBO GO to be authenticated.  I was skeptical, but turns out she was right.  It's working perfectly as of this morning.  Thanks...

Frequent Visitor

suesims wrote:

Finally talked to someone at Comcast last night who said it typically takes two days for HBO GO to be authenticated.  I was skeptical, but turns out she was right.  It's working perfectly as of this morning.  Thanks...

I would like to know how you got GBO GO to connect on your TV using comcast since I cannot find Comcast or Xfinity in the list of providers when I try to connect or authenicate that I have an HBO subscription. I cannot access HBO Go on any device as long as this step in the login process cannot be done because Comcast is not on the list. Please tell me how you go the HBO GO app to work on your Smart TV?

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Problem Solver

TigerWizard wrote:

suesims wrote:

I would like to know how you got GBO GO to connect on your TV using comcast since I cannot find Comcast or Xfinity in the list of providers when I try to connect or authenicate that I have an HBO subscription. I cannot access HBO Go on any device as long as this step in the login process cannot be done because Comcast is not on the list. Please tell me how you go the HBO GO app to work on your Smart TV?

Sue was talking about using HBO Go on a PC or a tablet, not streaming directly to the TV.  To stream to a PC, you will need something like Google Chromecast.  Or. contact your TV vendor and ask them to add the HBO Go app to THEIR internet lineup.  But Chromecast (a litlle $35 device you plug into your TV) will be faster.

Frequent Visitor

BellevueBob wrote:

TigerWizard wrote:

suesims wrote:

Sue was talking about using HBO Go on a PC or a tablet, not streaming directly to the TV.  To stream to a PC, you will need something like Google Chromecast.  Or. contact your TV vendor and ask them to add the HBO Go app to THEIR internet lineup.  But Chromecast (a litlle $35 device you plug into your TV) will be faster.

Thanks but I am not making myself clear. I cannot authenicate on an iPod (Tablet) or iPhone or my smart TV that has the HBO Go app on them all at this point. Comcast and Xfinity are not in the list of providers so I cannot enter a log in for my Comcast Account in order to use HBO GO on anything. If I could use HBO Go on my iPad Mini tablet I could stream it from there. I stream to my Samsung TV from Media Player with ease and great video quality. I am using a CAT 45 wired connection to the TV but it could also be run wi fi if I wanted to. I am not happy with the idea that a service comcast promised in Jan 2013 has not been delivered and I might need to buy ONE MORE device to use some other service to use HBO GO. if comcast did not lock up the guide, etc I would not be so concerned about having this feature that is interest driven right now. I really would like to see a response from Comcast on this question. Is anyone listening??

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Frequent Visitor

One more question here. How did you get the HBO GO to work on a PC? Is there an app or a software download needed to run this HBO GO. I still would think that you need to be about to login to your Comcast account to authenicate that you have HBO in your channel line up. Help me understand how you go it to run on a PC. Worse case if this would work is I could use n HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV. Could this work if I can authenicate first of course?

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Problem Solver

TigerWizard wrote:

One more question here. How did you get the HBO GO to work on a PC? Is there an app or a software download needed to run this HBO GO. I still would think that you need to be about to login to your Comcast account to authenicate that you have HBO in your channel line up. Help me understand how you go it to run on a PC. Worse case if this would work is I could use n HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV. Could this work if I can authenicate first of course?

Try the HBO GO website:  http://www.hbogo.com/#home/

Click the "sign in" button at the top right of the page, then select "Comcast XFINITY" as your provider and connect.  In my case, I need to next "refresh" or "reload' the web page and I get logged in.  I don't remember how it originally "authenticated" (it may have asked for an email address and PIN), but I think all that is saved as cookies on my PC so I don't have to do it again.  

BTW, here are similar sites:  

Showtime: http://www.showtimeanytime.com/#/home

Cinemax:  http://www.maxgo.com/#movies/

All sites work great for me.  Also, I'm using the Chrome browser and will soon be getting the Chromecast device to stream to my TV rather than watch on my PC.  

Frequent Visitor

BellevueBob wrote:

TigerWizard wrote:

Try the HBO GO website:  http://www.hbogo.com/#home/

Click the "sign in" button at the top right of the page, then select "Comcast XFINITY" as your provider and connect.  In my case, I need to next "refresh" or "reload' the web page and I get logged in.  I don't remember how it originally "authenticated" (it may have asked for an email address and PIN), but I think all that is saved as cookies on my PC so I don't have to do it again.  

BTW, here are similar sites:  

Showtime: http://www.showtimeanytime.com/#/home

Cinemax:  http://www.maxgo.com/#movies/

All sites work great for me.  Also, I'm using the Chrome browser and will soon be getting the Chromecast device to stream to my TV rather than watch on my PC.  

BellevueBob, Thanks for this. I did get the HBO up and running on my PC. I'll set the same up for the showtime and max. I found that if you set up more than one device you need to do the set up completely for that device. The HBOGO works on my iPad. I used different email addresses from my account when I did these. With a Smart Tv and a PS3 you would think that Comcast would buy now have HBOGO available for our other devices without resorting to buying yet another device to take use a USB or HDMI port. I willnot watch TV on my PC including with it's large monitor because I am not going to sit at my desk in my office to watch 'entertainment'. I am going to try using the browser in the PS3 to see if it can authemicate with HBO or see if a HDMI cable between the TV and Laptop will work to produce video worth viewing.

Again Thanks.

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
New Poster

For 3 years I have enjoyed Hbo go. Three days ago I I was informed by xfinity that I had to download a Hbo app. I did that and now every time in try to use Hbo go I get a response that's there is an error and I can'th get on..

What is wrong? Syl
Regular Visitor

I have a 65inch samsung smart tv that I was using hbogo on for several weeks and now all of a sudden it won't work, I've called comcast several times only to be transferred back and forth to every department they have only to be given the run around, finally after calling back several times and being disconnected I finally got ahold of a so called customer service rep that sounded like "Jules" from pulp fiction and he went on to explain how comcast does not support samsung smart tv's and it must have been a promotional period that I received from Samsung and that they can't control what I have access to as far as apps go.<br>This shows the lack of intelligence that the comcast customer service robot monkeys have. I went on to explain that hbo go is a free service to anyone that subscribes to hbo which I do, I was then told that comcast xfinity is not one of the providers for hbo go when I was told that I went to my app and it said in black and white that xfinity is a participating provider, I was then told that comcast wants you to watch hbo through the cable box and they only support the app with mobile devices and not TV's, I was then disconnected.<br>Comcast is really not worth the money it is all over the internet, on the radio, in the forum. Verizon foils is the way to go I only have this because comcast has a monopoly on the area that I live. They are con artists, I was actually charged a 40$ service call fee for a technician to swap out the box I called and they didn't have an answer as to why that happened.<br>As far as hbo go goes it sounds like netflix all over again I will be canceling this comcastic experience as soon as I can and join the movement of people using netflix for movies and hulu or vudu for t.v.<br>it's Comcastic!!!!
New Poster

I've had the exact same experience with comcast. HBO Go app on my iPad won't work and they keep transferring me back and forth between departments. We need a federal investigation into Comcasts fraudulent business practices. I will doing my best to start a movement. Perhaps a class action law suit is in order as well.
New Poster

I can get HBO GO on my TV using Apple TV.  However, xfinity or comcast is not a listed provider using Roku.  Does anyone know how I can get the Roku version?