Community Forum

HBO Go

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

HBO Go

I have comcast subscrption to hobo and max but the max go and hbo go apps wont let me log in.  Keeps saying to view content you must be a subscriber.  Please help

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: HBO Go

Imagatorfan4eve wrote:

I have comcast subscrption to hobo and max but the max go and hbo go apps wont let me log in.  Keeps saying to view content you must be a subscriber.  Please help

Are Cinemax and HBO working on your TV?

Are Cinemax and HBO working on the XFINITY TV Player App for you?

Do both of these channels appear on your billing?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Frequent Visitor

yes

Frequent Visitor

Can you please help!!!!

Official Employee

Imagatorfan4eve wrote:

Can you please help!!!!

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

This all worked before yesterday.  I exchanged a DTA and upgraded to a digital HD receiver so i could get premium channels in another room.

It took 3 hours and speaking to several "illiterate" customer service reps with the tech support group before they actually transferred me to some guy in billing who did some and got the box programmed.

Now i cannot log into either HBO Go or Max Go either on my ipad apps or on my PC by going to HBOGO.com

Everytime it prompts me to select my service provider then sends me to xfinity login screen.  When i log in it sends me to a page that says

"To view this content you must be a subscriber"

I am a subscriber, have been for 15 years.  Apps worked yesterday so did the PC.  Why cant comcast fix this, they messed it up.

Customer service is horrible with this company.  You wait on hold for hours then the people that are supposed to help you dont speak english very well, and they are incompetent.  If you ask for a supervisor they hang up on you or put you on hold even longer.

I am seriously going to start a petition and contact attorneys.  I will make it my lifes mission to seek legal action against this company.  They price gouge because they are the only local cable provider.  It is time for legislators to step in.  Comcast has not heard the last of this guy

New Poster

I've been having the same issue for the past two days. Something system related perhaps.

Frequent Visitor

Now I discover that the watch espn app is doing the same thing. Comcast won't help. I keep getting transferred to numerous people and they leave me on hold. I've talked to billing, Internet services, tech supports,cable services,numerous supervisors and they won't fix whatever they changed.

when I try to log in to all of these it just say content not available without comcast susubscription

this is very frustrating and customer service is atrocious

Frequent Visitor

Please help me

Regular Visitor

Any luck getting this resolved? I am having the same issue with HBO go. It all started earlier this week. I was having issues with my DVR and was told it was a signal issue on my end which it wasn't. 2 house calls and 2 DVR's later my cable service and on demand worked again but not HBO go. I keep getting the message you have to be an Xfinity tv subscriber on my computer and my Xbox. I've been bounced around to numerous people who haven't a clue of what they are doing nor have an answer for me. It's getting to the point now I am being placed on hold and forgotten about. I told one customer service rep that I would like to be able to use a service that I am paying for and her response was "That feature is included as an extra in your service at no additional charge." The poor customer service and not being able to fix this is getting old quick.

Frequent Visitor

No luck.  The only way to fix it is to turn off the service and start over from scratch. I'm switching to direct tv this week

im also looking at a class action lawsuit against comcast 

Frequent Visitor

Any luck CindyCindy

Official Employee

Frequent Visitor

All is fixed. I sent an email to the office of VP Mike Germano. The corporate response team discovered that my id need. UDD reset. Whatever that is. Its all up and going immediately after that
New Poster

I am having this same issue.  I have called in twice, chatted online twice and am so close to just switching providers.  Can someone please help?  One thing i did notice was when i log in on comcast.com it only shows that i have internet services, but i am an internet, TV and HBO subscriber.

Frequent Visitor

My hbo go and watch espn apps have not been working on my galaxy s3 since last Wednesday. Like everyone else, I have gotten rude, nasty, unprofessional, and probably highly under trained reps that leave you on hold or seem to have an attitude because a customer has a question.

I should not have to speak to 6 reps to resolve an issue that is no fault of my own. This is comcast fault, but we as consumers have to suffer. But I guarantee if this was a billing issue they would be on our back and then cut service immediately. Comcast needs to do right by the customers and fix this. Not in 72 hours. Like right now.

Btw I do have tv with hbo and stars, my acct. online says all I have is Internet.
Frequent Visitor

I also wanna say that only the last rep I spoke with (Jay he said his name was) actually seemed like a real rep. The other 5 are what I said in my other post. Fix the issues as well as your customer service. Because right now they are both ssriously lacking.
Official Employee

Dollaz56 wrote:
I also wanna say that only the last rep I spoke with (Jay he said his name was) actually seemed like a real rep. The other 5 are what I said in my other post. Fix the issues as well as your customer service. Because right now they are both ssriously lacking.

Was Jay able to help you are you still having this issue? If so, I will help you.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

Jay updated the credit I was given for removing the phone service. He tried some other things on his end but to no avail. He said everything should be in order by Sunday (yesterday) but I'm still having the same issues though. But at least he was a lot more professional than the others. Especially the 2 female reps.
Official Employee

Dollaz56 wrote:
Jay updated the credit I was given for removing the phone service. He tried some other things on his end but to no avail. He said everything should be in order by Sunday (yesterday) but I'm still having the same issues though. But at least he was a lot more professional than the others. Especially the 2 female reps.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone shortly. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Our team is looking into why all these customers are having this issue but until we can fix that, we have to resolve this issue on a customer-to-customer basis.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

Ok. Thank you.
Frequent Visitor

Everything seems to working now. Thank you. Hopefully it stay working. Once again thank you for getting this issues rectified.
Official Employee

ATCDAV wrote:
I wish these guys would throw the scripts away and speak to us. I get tired of "joe" repeating himself and no action

This is a known issue and our team is working on right now. They are working on a fix that will end this issue for all the customers that this is happening to. 

However, we can resolve this issue but only based on a customer-to-customer basis at this time. For example, customer Dollarz56 in this thread had their issue resolved in less than one hour. We have also resolved this issue for many other customers in these forums.

I thank all the customers for their patience and I am sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Could I have a representative contact me please? I've been having this problem since I moved my services to a new home. No one has been able to help me yet via chat or over the phone.
New Poster

I'm having this prblem too, I can log in on my computer but not on my phone. Please hurry before game of thrones season 5!