Community Forum

HBO Go on Android TV not authorized by Comcast (New Thread)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: HBO Go on Android TV not authorized by Comcast (New Thread)

Hello all, currently we don't have an agreement with HBO to stream through their app. But, you can view all HBO content on our "Xfinity Stream" app.

New Poster

I would like to +1 this request to Comcast. When I signed up for Comcast, I expected to be able to use Android devices to view the content I am paying for. Make it happen, Comcast!

New Poster

My understanding that this is a shakedown for money.  Comcast demands a royalty payment to flip the switch on the platform.  If you have a Samsung TV, HBO Go works.  If you have a Tivo or something running on the Android platform (like the newere Sony Bravias) then you are SOL.  FIOS is in other parts of my town but hasn't made it to me yet.  I had them for seven years at my old place one town over and definitely noticed better picture quality as well as less of this stupid brinksmanship that ultimately harms the customers.  The moment it comes to my neighborhood I'm switching back.

New Poster

As usual Comcast is not listening to their customers on this issue and won't flip the switch. Step up Comcast.

New Poster

Completely agreed.  Nvidia Shield is one of the best streaming boxes out there and Comcast is still holding on support for this format.  And with no excuse.  Comcast, please respond and either provide us with an ETA for this functionality, or explicitly state why you aren't supporting Android TV.

Tags (3)
Visitor

HBO Go on Android TV not authorized by Comcast (New Thread)

A previous post with the same subject as this was marked solved when indeed Comcast have not properly addressed the inquiry. I am re-opening the thread to bring attention to the need for Comcast to enable support on Android TV. Android TV is very common in most households, and customers of hundreds of other TV providers are enjoying the ease of running channel apps directly from their television. It is very discouraging that a major provider like Comcast would ignore this trend, when the stake of losing its customer base due to lack of this is quite high. Is there need to place publication on the NY Times in order for Comcast to pay attention to its customer base on this subject? I, like many Comcast customers would appreciate that Android TV support be made available to us at no capitalistic additional charge whatsoever. Thank you.