Community Forum

HBO GO PS3 App

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

HBO GO PS3 App

We're all still waiting for you to allow HBO GO to be utilized for PS3 users.  Clearly your intent is to extort HBO and/or Sony for additional monetary compensation for this to be allowed.

Just to clarifiy, Comcast CEO made 40.8 million dollars in 2008 & 33.7 million in 2013 - but by all means, continue to nickle and dime to the detriment of your consumers.  Comcast is the absolute worst ISP.  When Verizon FIOS makes it way into my neighborhood, I'll be leaving immediately.  This is an example of how important net netruality is and why the people should be aware and be fighting for net netruality.

Tags (3)
New Poster

Re: HBO GO PS3 App

Excellent post. Couldn't have said it better.

New Poster

And we are still waiting....... sure i will be dead before this is made possible.. because of someone who just doesnt have enough and needs more money. 

New Poster

I can't believe this is still an issue. Comcast customers with other devices are able to access HBO Go just fine, such as the Xbox 360 but Comcast is still blocking the PS3 app?
New Poster

STILL!  This is still an issue.  I spoke to a CS rep this evening and he claimed there was a beta service being tested.  Six months to test a service that already runs fine on dozens of other pieces of hardware?  I think it's safe to say at this point that there is no beta testing of a PS3 service and that Comcast is instructing its customer service reps to provide false information to quell people like me.

This right here is why I will drop Comcast the second HBO offers a stand-alone service like netflix.  I'm so tired of paying $200+ a MONTH for this "service".  I can access HBO Go from my web browser and from my iPad, why can't I access the SAME DATA on my PS3.  Unbelievable how much control this horrible, greedy company wants over my data.  Comcast, you are a utility.  That is all I want from you.  Do not try to control what devices I use to access my data.  This is beyond outrageous.  I feel sorry for people who don't have any high-speed internet alternatives in their area.

This is borderline illegal... Since when does Comcast have any say in what data I can access over the internet service that I pay for?!?  Why do people accept this?!?  Insane!

New Poster

April is around the corner along with $15 HBO Go standalone subscriptions. I'll bet that HBO sorts this out with an app update and the ability for non comcast subscribers to get HBO just fine on ANY device they want.

Frequent Visitor

Hopefully, then when people get more accustomed to bypassing Comcast for content, VoIP, or other things and use it for just the internet connection, they'll cut the cord in even larger numbers than now.