Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

HBO Disappeared from Streaming Sept 4th

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

HBO Disappeared from Streaming Sept 4th

So, Ihave the streaming service with HBO and all of a sudden its gone from all the streaming device; web via Comcast website, Roku Xfinity app, HBOGO....

I have a very unhappy wife as she can't catch up on GOT.

Called into support and they just gathered info, no results.

Reading the forum, this seems to be a wider spread issue than just my account.  HBO seemed to dissapear around the Sept 3rd or 4th time frame.

Official Employee

Re: HBO Disappeared from Streaming Sept 4th

AP99, that's pretty strange. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Can you send me your full name and address so I can check on things on the back end?

KenF

Official Employee

Thanks for sending me your account info, AP99. I see your issue has been sent to our tech teams. I'm assuming you've done the whole uninstall and then reinstall song and dance right? 

It looks like this is a known issue and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

KenF

New Poster

Yeah, Ive done the whole uninstall, reinstall, reboot, relogin.....

This is occuring with both the Streaming Beta app on Roku and on the web based app via the Comcast website.

Luckily I was able to logout and log back in to HBOGo to get that so we can watch GOT and Ballers!  LOL

Thanks!

Official Employee

AP99,

Both really good shows! 

No Problem! We're working on this for you! 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I've also just discovered today that my HBO on the streaming tv listings is gone! 

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

New Poster

i too have lost the hbo streaming service on home computor and my tablet.  would appeciate any help  its been gone several days

New Poster

Yep, I lost my HBO from xFinity Stream several days ago.  I have wasted several hours talking to 2-3 layers of Comcast tech support people.  I've discovered that you have to get to the third level before they will admit that this is a wide spread problem.  I got a call back on Thursday telling me that the problem was resolved, but it wasn't.  When I called back to inform tech support that it wasn't fixed, I was assured that I would have it, absolutely, positively, by 9:00 that night.  Still don't have it.

I cannot log into HBOGO either.  Asks for my user name and password then directs me to Tech Support.  It's been 5 days now.