Community Forum

Guide search pops up on top of Screen Guide while browsing tv channels using XR5 remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Guide search pops up on top of Screen Guide while browsing tv channels using XR5 remote

xfinity.jpg

The problem occurs when I start browsing channels while the channel Guide is showing on the tv screen. The guide search box apprears in the upper right corner of the screen as soon as I start using the channel search arrow button with my XR5 remote control.When the guide box appears, it switches to scrolling through the suggestive search titles listed in the box rather than the channel guide menu. This is very irritating because as soon as I cancel out of it & start browing channels it immediately pops back up again.It might let me scroll down a handful of channels before the guide search box re appears again.Any help will be appreciated.I didn't know if it was an X1 problem or a remote problem. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Guide search pops up on top of Screen Guide while browsing tv channels using XR5 remote

Have you paired your remote to your X1 box?

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Guide search pops up on top of Screen Guide while browsing tv channels using XR5 remote

Yes but I may need to do it again & see if that fixes it.I just received the new voice remote & really like it.So I haven't been using the remote in question here lately.Thanks for chiming in.