Community Forum

Google TV and Comcast compatability

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Google TV and Comcast compatability

Just purchased Sony TV with Google installed and can get no signal from cable connection when going through cable converter.

The tv is HD but i am using regular cable and telling tv source is from video component not HDMI

Seeing smatterings on internet that Comcast and Google tv are not compatable, is this the case

Please help

Silver Problem Solver
Regular Visitor

Re: Google TV and Comcast compatability

I just got the Logitech Revue with Google TV and was having problems getting it to pair with my set top box. I did two things, I got a 24 caret HDMI Premium High Speed cable made for HD and 120MHz Ready and used that to connect my set top box to the Revue box and it immediately showed up in the TV box. I then choose to manually set up my box. I chose Comcast Corporation and then it gave a list of cable boxes, fortunately my RNG-150 was listed. Now everything is working perfectly. But what made the difference was the better HDMI cable. And you have to have one of the listed cable boxes.

After pluging the new cable in, go to the Google Home Page > Applications, then scroll down to Settings, On the far right menu that pops up, go to TV Source and set up manually. Good Luck.

Regular Visitor

hi my name is Brad and i need your help i want to connect xfinity and but seems that the adobe reader is not compatible due to that My logitech with google tv has the reader of 10.2 and need the 11 version if possible please call me

956-786-9748

New Poster

Erm...  Yeah....  No.

HDMI uses Fiber Optics.  There is LITERALLY ZERO difference between a $1,000 HDMI Cable and a $10 HDMI Cable.

The signal is transmitted over LIGHT through a GLASS TUBE.  In other words, you're "Gold Plated" does literally nothing but waste all your money.

Seriously.  If you plug the HDMI Out from the Cable box to the HDMI in on your Google TV, then your HDMI Out on the Google TV to the actual TV's HDMI input, you'll get a signal.

I absolutely hate it when people say, "Oh, my gold-plated Monster cables look so much better than the old $4.99 cable.  That $150 was really worth it!"  that's not true in the slightest.  The EXACT same signal goes at the EXACT same speed and you get the EXACT same result on both cables. Except the Monster cable just ate a $150 hole in your wallet.

Problem Solver

HDMI  uses fiber optics?

uhhhh .... Wow, i didn't know that. Glad we have knowledgable people in here.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, but that guy that told you HDMI is fiber optic is just plain wrong. HDMI is nothing but twisted pairs of copper wire. It is NOT optical in any way. You can purchase fiber optic extenders for HDMI that convert the signal into light so you can run extra long cables (and they are hundreds if not thousands of dollars) but the HDMI out on your cable box, the cable itself and the input on your TV and receiver are all just copper wire.

Expert

2 year old thread closed.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.