Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Getting rid of sports app reminder

Contributor

Getting rid of sports app reminder

While switching between various channels watching different college football games today, a reminder keeps popping up telling me I can press the C button to get scores. I don't need to be reminded every time I change channels that I can do this. Very annoying!

How about a way to turn off this reminder?

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Getting rid of sports app reminder

sbudaj wrote:

While switching between various channels watching different college football games today, a reminder keeps popping up telling me I can press the C button to get scores. I don't need to be reminded every time I change channels that I can do this. Very annoying!

How about a way to turn off this reminder?

Thanks.

Turn off the Tips & Tricks in notifications:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-text-messaging-notifications/

Contributor

Re: Getting rid of sports app reminder

That reminder is a nuisance for sure. It’s very annoying.

Also, I would like to see the sports app return to the way it was. It defaults to ON NOW. I’m only interested in college football NCAAF. easy, or so it seems. I go to NCAAF and it is defaulting to the ACC or CFP Top 25 and I want all games. This is what I have to do to get there. 

1.  Press C 

2. Right arrow to NCAAF. 

3. Press C again to get to the option CFP Top 25

4. press OK

5. Press up arrow to ON TODAY

6.  PRESS OK 

7.  Press down arrow to be able to scroll thru the games. 

Awesome! Finally to to the option I wanted. I browse the scores, pick the game I want and watch for a while. I want to go back and see scores again and I have to go thru 7 steps again?! Good Lord!  I thought we had all this fixed a couple of years ago. What a pain in the you know what!  It should default to what is chosen until the user changes it. How about we get that fixed like it was before?