Community Forum

Frequent cable tv signal loss

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Frequent cable tv signal loss

Its the One Connect box that Samsung forces you to use for HDMI connections. I cannot bypass.

Official Employee

Try bypassing that temporarily and see if there are changes
New Poster

Yes, I have a 65 inch Samsung UHD TV that has a box where the cable hdmi goes into then from that box to the TV. Also my AVR connects to that small box with HDMI for the audio.

Official Employee

That’s basically a handshake issue between tv and cable box, nothing physically with the cable box. Do you have any components between tv and cable box?
New Poster

I'm referring to a frequent loss of signal where the TV and sound go black. Occassionally the loss of signal will be long enough for a message to appear. But that is rare. No rebooting of the cable box but I have done that to see if that would fix the issue.

Official Employee

Are you referring about your tv getting a no signal message or your box rebooting and something affecting the actual cable signal?
New Poster

Frequent cable tv signal loss

We have had signal issues for over a year. We have upgraded our cable tv service to the X1 equipment and no differences. I have swapped out the splitter and had a tech out here who did the same. His signal box indicated no issues. It typically is worse in the morning and it is across all channels. The tech provided us a phone number which we have not used to call if it continues to be an issue. It is a non Comcast/Xfinity number. I have the best HDMI cables and of course have checked the connections. The only option I haven't tried is to run a longer coaxial cable to an outlet about 10 feet away. Internet seems to have no loss of signal during these frequent singal interruptions that last anywhere from 2-15 seconds. Thanks for any feedback.