Community Forum

Fox News doesn’t work

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Fox News doesn’t work

@Nkawtgn wrote:

I live in California and this happens all the time.  All the other channels work fine.  Someone at Comcast causes a problem with buffering from the feed.  You can probably correlate the time the problem occurs to their work schedule.  The fix with X1 is to tune into a channel that is not offered as HD near the non-HD Fox News channel; then channel up (or down) to the correct station (for me Fox News is on channel 19).  If you simply ask or enter channel 19 it will redirect you to the buffering HD channel again (for me 760).   The RESIST movement is pretty powerful isn’t it!

That's ridiculous. Even if someone had that power, which no one does, why wouldn't they mess with both feeds? Or turn the channel off altogether. The real problem is signal levels with your dvr and the signal levels to the frequency that Fox News is on, not quite the conspiracy that you're hoping for. 

Your DVR needs a good upstream and downstream signal level. There's a range they need to fall in for the DVR to work properly. Upstream between 35 and 51, yours is at 58. Downstream between +10 and -10 and you're setting at -8. I'd say there's probably too many splitters. Have a tech out, get your levels in spec and check the frequency that Fox News is coming in on.

Frequent Visitor

My fix with X1 is to tune into a channel that is not offered as HD near the non-HD Fox News channel; then channel up (or down) to the correct station (for me Fox News is on channel 19).  If you simply ask or enter channel 19 it will redirect you to the buffering HD channel again (for me 760).

Admin1

Hi Afranknj -- The information provided by ComcastAndrew is correct. Channel pixelation is caused by signal degradation. This is mostly likely affecting other channels in your line up. I can help get a tech out to your location. Please send me a PM with name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will also need to know what days/times work best for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Official Employee

Have a tech out if it continues, there could be something either outside or in-house that’s degrading that channel ( and maybe others that you don’t watch)
Silver Problem Solver

I'm in the Houston market and I have never had that issue with any channel, much less Fox.  What market are you in?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Fox News doesn’t work

The only channel that’s freezinf and pixalated is Fox News. Sarcastically I’m being told by Comcast there’s nothing they can do. I looked online about this and it seems to be a vast problem. Some have actually considered a class action suit. I’m skeptical of this. I find it a bit odd. Any solutions?