Community Forum

Forced to reboot the X1 box at least 6+ times daily

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Forced to reboot the X1 box at least 6+ times daily

I am forced to reboot the X1 box at least 6 times daily since installation on Oct. 6.

Whatever the current channel I have on the TV screen "freezes" and the remote becomes non-functional.

The power button on the box does not work and all selections on the remote do nothing.

This is the 5th seperate incident involving X1 system and Xfinity in general, internet and voice since installation. I am very dissapointed with the service to say the least.

I would appreciate a response and corrective action.

Paul

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Forced to reboot the X1 box at least 6+ times daily

This forum is made up mainly of users and hobbyists. A handful of Comcast employees hang out here but there is no rhyme or reason as to who they help and when. I suggest you post in this forum under the idea that nobody working for Comcast will respond. Feel very lucky if they do.

FYI like many X1 users you have signal issues. Call into Comcast. Set up a service visit. Get a tech out to your house. Your issues are not unique to you and they are fixable. In fact they are discussed in this forum on a daily basis.

@pappathanp wrote:

I am forced to reboot the X1 box at least 6 times daily since installation on Oct. 6.

Whatever the current channel I have on the TV screen "freezes" and the remote becomes non-functional.

The power button on the box does not work and all selections on the remote do nothing.

This is the 5th seperate incident involving X1 system and Xfinity in general, internet and voice since installation. I am very dissapointed with the service to say the least.

Paul

Expert

@pappathanp wrote:

Paul

a couple of 'ideas'/tests. If you have a smart phone use/install X1 Remote (app). and login. use it as your remote next time your regular remote stops working to see if that method works.

2nd when it is 'not working' look at the 'power' LED flash when you press a button. Is it red, green, both (when pressing a DVR related button not volume or power buttons).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

@pappathanp wrote:

You have a lot of flux in your Upstream Receive power.  I would suggest getting a tech out to investigate

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

This is happening because there is a design flaw on the X1 boxes (all of them). I had a Technician at my house this morning for this very reason, use the component video out rather than the HDMI (if you have one...if not insist on another box that is equipped with component video output). I was also able to get someone on the phone at tech Suport to admit to this.

The design flaw is that the HDMI output on the X1 box does not hold the cable in securely. The SLIGHTEST vibration will cause it to unseat, and therefore loss of picture and sound.

When you call Tech support, they will tell you to uplug and wait, then plug the box back in. This is NOT fixing the problem. You are jostling the cable enough (accidentally) to get get it to re-seat.

Comcast has known about this for months.

Expert

@UVERS_IS_BETTER wrote:

This is happening because there is a design flaw on the X1 boxes (all of them). I had a Technician at my house this morning for this very reason, use the component video out rather than the HDMI (if you have one...if not insist on another box that is equipped with component video output). I was also able to get someone on the phone at tech Suport to admit to this.

The design flaw is that the HDMI output on the X1 box does not hold the cable in securely. The SLIGHTEST vibration will cause it to unseat, and therefore loss of picture and sound.

When you call Tech support, they will tell you to uplug and wait, then plug the box back in. This is NOT fixing the problem. You are jostling the cable enough (accidentally) to get get it to re-seat.

Comcast has known about this for months.

1.  How many times are you going to post this misinformation in how many threads????

2.  Do you work for Uverse??????

3.  Are you a troll?   <not being mean nor flaming...., just asking a direct question in this case...>

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!