Community Forum

Firefox on X1 site stuck loading

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Firefox on X1 site stuck loading

I posted this in an earlier thread and all I got was the suggestion to use a different browser.   Not a good suggestion- although that is my work around for now.

When I go to https://xtv.comcast.net/foryou all I get is the little cycling 3 dots for loading and it stays there.  See attachment- it never moves past this screen.

I tested creating a new user on my windows 7 machine and under that login, it works fine.  Based on that, I figured this was cached data that's bad on my original login so I completely wiped Firefox from my machine by uninstalling, wiping the registry for it and removing the local profiles directories for Mozilla.  Upon re-install, I still get stuck loading.  Based on this, I suspect comcast has stored something related to my login on their host side but I can't find any way to delete the machine name that I used previously.  Maybe that's not the issue - but I'd like to at least see a list of what machines I've setup for X1 site and delete some.  After all, if you can never see this list, why do they bother asking for it?

Machine i win 7 64bit, running latest firefox 42.0.  I was hoping firefox upgrades would solve this but I've now had this issue on the last 4 firefox versions.

Any other suggestions for fixing Firefox would be much appreciate. 

Capture.JPG
Regular Visitor

Re: Firefox on X1 site stuck loading

I have the same problem with Firefox and haven't found a fix yet.  Chrome browser works.