Community Forum

Favorites

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Favorites

I don't understand the reason for being able to have more than one Favorites List?  I made and extra but they are not seperate.  I thought it would be good to have two seperate lists one for HD or some other type of programing that I would like to scroll through with Favorites button without scrolling through ALL Favorites channels.

Regular Contributor

Re: Favorites

Nothing, I don't understand the reason for the multiple Favorites lists if they are not seperate.

Regular Contributor

Come-on people, doesn't anyone know about the Favorite lists and why one would want two if they both seem to share the same channels.

Official Employee

@BadR7 wrote:

I don't understand the reason for being able to have more than one Favorites List?  I made and extra but they are not seperate.  I thought it would be good to have two seperate lists one for HD or some other type of programing that I would like to scroll through with Favorites button without scrolling through ALL Favorites channels.

You are able to set up a list of Favorite Channels and use that as your primary on-screen guide.

In fact, you can set up multiple favorite lists for different people in your household or you can set up Favorites lists by genre (Movies, Sports, News, HD, etc).

For others, here is how to set up a Favorites List:

Using the silver Comcast remote control, press the Menu button twice, then select Setup, then Favorite List Setup. Select Set Up Favorite List and follow the on-screen instructions to add channels to your list. You can also name each list. After the Favorites List is created, you can access it and cycle through it by pressing the FAV button on the Comcast remote control (the FAV button is to the left of the channel up/down button).

I hope that helps.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@BadR7 wrote:

You are able to set up a list of Favorite Channels and use that as your primary on-screen guide.

In fact, you can set up multiple favorite lists for different people in your household or you can set up Favorites lists by genre (Movies, Sports, News, HD, etc).

For others, here is how to set up a Favorites List:

Using the silver Comcast remote control, press the Menu button twice, then select Setup, then Favorite List Setup. Select Set Up Favorite List and follow the on-screen instructions to add channels to your list. You can also name each list. After the Favorites List is created, you can access it and cycle through it by pressing the FAV button on the Comcast remote control (the FAV button is to the left of the channel up/down button).

I hope that helps.

Yes, I kinda got that, but when a person uses the Favorites button on the remote there is no way to seperate which list is being scrolled through right?  I guess that was my delema, I was thinking that I could just scroll the contents of one of the lists somehow, not the llsts combined.  Thanks in advance