Community Forum

Favorites Guide in X1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Favorites Guide in X1

Did some further checking and the 4 digit numbers are showing in the Favorites list with a star.  So for any channel that I have selected, I have 2 or 3 channels with a star but only the lowest number shows when I use the Favorites Guide.  

Frequent Visitor

None of the channels are 4 digit numbers.  In fact there are no 4 digit numbers in my favorites list.

Expert

@KarenBar wrote:

When I add a channel in the upper number ranges to my Favorites, it adds the same channel in a lower range of numbers.  Example, when I added Fox Sports North, Channel 863, it also added Chanel 402 to the Favorites!  Channel 863 does not display when I try to access Favorites.  I only need one FSN in my Favorites.  It has done this with other channels that are available on multiple numbers.  Is this normal?  Or is there something I a missing?  I have an XR11 remote.

comcast announced over a year ago it is setting up the 4 digit (virtual channel numbers) into groups called neighborhoods. so selecting a channel selects its 'virtual' channel too. until or unless comcast chooses to do different handling, both appear.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Favorites Guide in X1

When I add a channel in the upper number ranges to my Favorites, it adds the same channel in a lower range of numbers.  Example, when I added Fox Sports North, Channel 863, it also added Chanel 402 to the Favorites!  Channel 863 does not display when I try to access Favorites.  I only need one FSN in my Favorites.  It has done this with other channels that are available on multiple numbers.  Is this normal?  Or is there something I a missing?  I have an XR11 remote.