Community Forum

Fantastic internet connection - yet video buffers every ~45 seconds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Fantastic internet connection - yet video buffers every ~45 seconds

Xfinity tv streaming will only play for a maximum of 90 seconds before having to stop and load for 10-20 seconds. It doesn't matter if I change computers, restart, clear browsing cache NOTHING makes even the slightest difference. Im SO GLAD I pay 200+ a month for you "services" that continually fail. I wont even get into the laundry list of issues with my cable boxes or the fact ive had to swap it out 7 times in the past 2 years. I figured HEY I can watch my shows online, maybe (JUST MAYBE) it wont be as god awful as the rest of the services. Boy I was wrong.

The only time ive ever been able to watch a show from beginning to end with out any lag (i would use the word buffer but Xfinity claims this new system of no buffering is brilliant - IT SUCKS) is when i log in between the hours of 2am to 9am other than that lag after lag.

The worst part about it is i cant even pause the episode to let it BUFFER and have a chance to load in advance so it wont glitch out every 45 seconds. SMART THINKING GUYS!

One last thought - if all your customers are paying what i can only assume is a bill over $100 each month why CANT YOU PROVIDE A DECENT SERVICE!?

New Poster

Re: Fantastic internet connection - yet video buffers every ~45 seconds

I totally agree, this service is a total joke.  I stream all kinds of stuff and only on streampix do I have issues - I even put the quality on low and it still stalls all the time.  Additionally I am watching Lost and there are mistakes in numbering the episodes and a few that are not there at all.  Comcast, you should be embarassed and ashamed at putting out this quality of product.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. When  viewing  NETFLIX instant play streaming video the Video stops and says it's "LOADING" which I assume is the buffering action which takes about 20 Seconds then the video restarts and runs for ~30 sec and stops again etc. This usually happens after about 30 minutes from the start and at that point it's useless to continue as the "Buffering" just continues repeatedly. Is this a Comcast system specific problem or "an internet" feature?

Frequent Visitor

i thought i finally had it made, got a new lap top, found all episodes/seasons of sopranos on my comcast and got through the entire first season without a single problem....until today that is...i couldnt believe my program was doing the stop and go thing when it had never given me any problem before...i want to know why this started happening and i want it resolved because as you guys know we do pay a lot of money for these bundles and comcast needs to get some quality control. does anyone know what causes this whatever its called?

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Everytime I try to watch a video it stops randomly for 5-20 secs at a time. It happens on all of my computers. NETFLIX works just fine tho! 

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue, it's clear there is something wrong with their streaming service.Unfortunately, there are at least a dozen threads on this same issue dating back to last May, so it seems that using this forum as a means to encourage them to correct the issue is ineffective.

New Poster

Yea it seems so. Yesterday I had no problems at all with streaming. Today it is worse than it has ever been.....I love paying for such horrible service.

New Poster

I just switched from FIOS to Xfinity (for their bundle pricing) and am regreting it 

immensely. Customer service has been truly horrendous:

-calls gets transferred overseas with horrible connections where operators can’t even hear you

-nobody seems to have a clue what they are talking about (I was even transferred to the TV division when I complained about my streaming problems with Netflix)

-I never got a call back (having provided a call back number) after my call with a technician would drop (during call transfers, etc.)

My previous FIOS connection was 15 down/5 up and I never had problems with Netflix buffering. My Netflix streaming streaming speeds were usually around ~5Mbps during prime time. With Xfinity, no matter what I try, they are pretty consistently around .9 Mbps-2Mbps and go down from there. If I try watching during the day, the streaming speeds are around 10 Mbps!!!

I am calling customer support and will be canceling my service with Xfinity. This has been a horrible experience!