Community Forum

FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

What I want to know is who will be showing the Champions League, Europa and WC qualifying. How about Seria A?
New Poster

CL and Europa is on Fox Sports 1. They already showed last round of qualifiers over last two weeks.

New Poster

Sept 2, 2013: We've all enjoyed FSC HD Fox Soccer on Comcast for the last couple years. Now, over the Labor Day weekend - it was switched out. Yes - in case you haven't noticed, Fox Soccer on Comcast channel 732 is gone! Comcast added 691 Fox Sport 1 - which is fine; but that channel is more general in its sports coverage and does in no way shape of form suffice for Fox Soccer. Everyone please reply back to Comcast to add back Fox Soccer. I've already expressed my frustation thru Comcast's survey. Please do the same (link below).

https://survey.foreseeresults.com/survey/display?sid=feedbackTV-en&cid=R9RRtJoQ98EENQoRBJ0Mhg==&patt...

Silver Problem Solver

j7shep

This from Wikipedia

Due to Fox consolidating its cable sports rights on the new general-interest channels Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2, and following the loss of U.S. television rights to broadcast Premier League soccer events to NBC,[1] Fox Soccer was replaced on September 2, 2013 by FXX, an entertainment sister network to FX.[2] The vast majority of the remaining sports programming from Fox Soccer has been moved to FS1 and FS2, which launched on August 17, 2013.[3] Fox Soccer Plus, a spinoff channel which launched in 2010, will also continue to operate.[4

So talk to Fox. Comcast didn't do this one. If Fox takes the channel away not much they can do.

New Poster

Thx for the reply and explanation.

So...I need to petition Comcast to carry Fox Sport 2 (which they told me today they don't currently have) and maybe between FS1 and FS2 we'll get most of the programming we've grown accustomed to.

New Poster

Does anyone know what channel Fox soccer is?  It used to be on 1512 but today it is goneSmiley Sad

New Poster

I think it's gone for good. Now it's FXX and even that is in non-HD. I think FSC is officially dead.

New Poster

FOX took Fox Soccer away.  So it looks like we need to get comcast to add BEin Sport(and HD) to get all the soccer.  Theyy have Serie A, La Liga, World Cup qualifiers and a few other series.  As of right now my local affillate of comcast carries a BEin network, but it is in the sport package, and i Beleive the it is the spanish version, but because i don't currently get that channel i cant be sure.  But they also don't have it where you can watch the online version. Its the same type of thing as EPSNgo. It's called BEin play.

New Poster

I need my soccer fix!!! Comcast please add one of the other options now that fox screwed us...
New Poster

SHAME ON YOU COMCAST!  BRING THE SOCCER CHANNEL BACK OR ELSE!

Frequent Visitor

Dude, fox soccer channel no longer exists. Nothing for Comcast to bring back.
Frequent Visitor

We get Bein. Wonderful programming. Not in HD though.
New Poster

Dude, you are wrong - FOX SOCCER is available in DIRECT TV.
Frequent Visitor

Google it then. FSC is gone. Direct may still list it just like Comcast does but it is not FSC.
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The problem is that Fox has taken almost all of its Champion League matches and put them on Fox Soccer Plus which Comcast does NOT carry.  This is another upcharge or PPV channel but it carries the CL matches similar to what the Fox Soccer Channel carried.  The new Fox Sports 1 actually carries only a handful of games, if any.

And, GolTV is no longer on Comcast.  Ironically GolTV also carries some Champions League matches, too.

Between these two losses it has become impossible to watch the Bundesliga on Comcast.  It is almost impossible to watch the vast majority of Champions League games. 

1.  Comcast must offer Fox Soccer Plus.  Write to them.

2.  GolTV's contract with the Bundesliga continues until 2015.  Until then BeinSports has taken their place and a number of cable and satellite suppliers seem to have no interest in bringing GolTV back.

There is one option that I know of:  buy a Smart TV which has an internet browser and watch games online.  There is a primary negative to this:  the quality of broadcast is terribly inconsistent.  It's not much of an option but other than a laptop or desktop the Champions league and Bundesliga are going to take real hits in their popularity in the U. S. this year.

Contributor

Fox Sports 1 will carry Champions League games so will Fox Sports Network ..... Fox Soocer Plus may carry some but the better games should be on FSN and FS1.

Frequent Visitor

It is misleading to say Fox Sports 1 will carry Champions Leagues games.  Specifically, for the week coming they will offer a total of three CL games on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Fox Soccer Plus-which is not available on Comcast but is available on Verizon, ATT, Cox, Direct TV and almost every other major satellite and cable company-will carry twelve games on those two days.

Let me repeat this:   Fox Sports 1 will have a total of three games.

Fox Soccer Plus will have a total of twelve games.

Comcast must be aware of this.  Fox Soccer Plus must be availale to us.

New Poster

Now that Fox Soccer Channel is dead, can you please bring back GolTV?!

I am a big fan of the German Bundesliga and I also enjoyed much of the other programming from South and Central America. The German league is the most competitive in Europe next to Spain's La Liga. The EPL is NBC, Spanish and Italian Leagues are on beIN...the only thing you are missing, Comcast is GOLTV!!!

Please bring it back and bring it back in HD. FXX is just another tv show/movie channel with commercials that we can do without.

New Poster

Comcast has to broadcast Fox Soccer Plus, otherwise I'm leaving them. I need my comprehensive champions league soccer and rugby fix. Especially with the Super League and Rugby League World Cups happening next month in Europe! Get it together ComCast!!

Frequent Visitor

i am unhappy with Comcast since they dropped GolTV; now fox soccer is gone and only this beIN left, which is no good.

i have resigned in the meantime, dropped Comcast and connect my computer via HDMI3 with my TV and watch streaming soccer, including Bundesliga

New Poster

I'm pretty close to going ballistic because of Comcast treatment of soccer fans.

I can't even watch tomorrow's Arsenal-Napoli game because it's on Fox Soccer Plus which Comcast doesn't carry.

I checked all other major TV carriers and surely enough all of them do have FSP.

This is insane!!!

I was so close to quitting Comcast on couple of occasions and finally it may be time do it.

I'm getting sick of this company.

Frequent Visitor

It will be on Fox Deported tape delay 2 pm pacific but in SD. Channel 602 in my area. This is capitalism at its best. Comcast wants to dominate soccer on TV in US and Fox is trying to hold on but just barely.
Frequent Visitor

Tonight's U.S. open cup final is on GolTV, but alas, again, Comcast no longer carries this channel, so soccer fans again get the shaft!!!

New Poster

...and Fox Sports 2 is not carried by Comcast either.

Some CL games are on Fox Sports 2 like tomorrow's Bayern-City game.

Contributor

Depends on your area regarding FS2 .... as we have it here in the Twin Cities (Minnesota) all be it in SD but at least we have the opportunity to see something.

I have no idea why all areas don't get both FS1 and FS2 in HD - would not be a hardship at all. And also Bein in English in HD in all areas. We only get the Spanish one here in SD.

New Poster

BeIn provides both languages, Spanish and English. You just need to set it to English on your Comcast box.

Then I believe it's carried in 720p because on my TV in looks little bit better than SD. Not as well as others HD channels though which are in 1080p.

Frequent Visitor

Yes you can set the cable box for English as default for Spanish but BEIN has two separate English and Spanish channels with slightly different programming,
New Poster

I have beIn on one channel which I can set to English or Spanish

Regular Visitor

With the move of the Premier League to NBC Sports we now two Saturday games on the NBC Sports Network; however you can get the rest of the Saturday lineup live on-line via http://www.nbcsports.com/.  So right now I have ManU on the TV and Arsenal on the laptop.  Not ideal (right now Arsenal is "buffering") and doesn't help with Champion's League.  But does give live access to all PL games.

Tags (2)
New Poster

In addition there is "Replay" section on NBC online.

For instance I had to work today, Gunners game wasn't on TV, couldn't record it so I watched it after work online. Great!!!

New Poster

...and again, and again....some coming Championship League games are on Fox Soccer Plus and Fox Sports 2, NOT provided by Comcast.

I'm getting angry again!

What's your only option?

Download illegal torrent.

That's what Comcast makes you to do.

New Poster

I just looked at the Champions League matches for this week, and almost none of them are available on Comcast as they are mostly on Fox Soccer Plus. It is really disappointing to not be able to watch these games - it actually ruins for me much of the great job I think NBC is doing with the Premier League. If you want to cater to serious soccer fans in the states, you can't just have the premier league and ignore the champions league - the group stages are big, big, games. If Fox Soccer Plus is who has the contract, then offer it, plain and simple. If it doesn't happen soon I'm looking at Fios and DirectTV.
New Poster

New Poster

Seriously? You must be joking if you're seriously posting about one el clasico in la liga. That does not all compare to the Champions League. Come on Comcast, get the Champions League, the biggest and best soccer tournament on the planet on already. It's sad that we can't watch it.
New Poster

I TOTALLY agree with you guys. I am just waiting for Direct TV to offer hi res in Sunnyvale for BeIng and for Fox sports and I will be gone from Comcast. That is the problem with monopolies: huge smile upfront, while they hold their pipe wrench where they know how to hurt. I have called, written, etc., only to get this lame smile and blank expressions.

Contributor

Now the FA cup and MOST of Champions League matches are being played on FOX Sports 2! ;-(

All those who had hopes of more soccer on FS1 are let down completely. It's 50% FOX's fault since they could put most CL matches on FS1 but they aren't... instead we have hours of fighting BS, which stinks.

FOX has BLOWN their opportunity to offer the soccer properties they still own in an exciting and engaging manner — instead they keep giving us less and less. What happened to FOX SOCCER Daily? If Comcast would please give us FS2 it would be better...  

NBC is going to DOMINATE international soccer viewing with its superior offerings and coverage. Why couldn't FOX take the same approach to The FA Cup and Champion's League by showing all the matches? We'll never know, and now they are losing share every day!

New Poster

it is really annoying to see so many FA cup or UEFA Champion League matches in different Fox SP1/SP2/SC channel but Fox SP2 & SC  not available to Comcast customers! what a poor Fox and Comcast!

Hope NBC SN can take over all these  matches in their channel with the Premier League matches!

New Poster

Tell me about it.

Today I had to watch all three FA Cup games on Fox Deportes because they were either on FS2 or Fox Soccer.

First of all I don't speak Spanish and secondly it airs only in SD.

On a top of it at the beginning of every match there is ticker saying 'You can watch it in English through SAP".

The trick is there is no way to turn SAP on that channel.

It really sucks.

New Poster

I have been wanting the Fox Sports 2 or Fox Soccer Channel to be carried by Comcast.  I just found out my local service in Chattanooga via the Electric Power Board FI carry Fox Spprts 2 in its package.  I guess I won't be with Comcast much longer. 

New Poster

I was with Direct TV for years but wouldn't carry CSS and I needed internet service so I changed to CC.  Think I will now change to EPBFI.  BTW, Direct TV has great customer service. 

Official Employee

Regarding Fox Soccer Channel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Soccer_Channel

The Fox Soccer Channel is no longer available. Fox shut it down on November 2, 2013 and Fox replaced that service with a new service - FXX.

Closing this thread. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!