Community Forum

Excessive Pixelation - Tech Support Tells Me To Check Cables

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Excessive Pixelation - Tech Support Tells Me To Check Cables

I've contacted chat support twice about excessive pixelation issues. Reboot your box, check your cables is the only solution they offer.

The isssue is primarily on the small PiD boxes (2 in total). Fast images (sporting events) are terrible and the signal looks like 480p video. Signal strength on my X1 DVR seems to be decent (stats below). Any ideas? I like need a tech to come out and do some testing. There was a new cable drop run from my box to two houses down several weeks ago (still laying on the street). Not sure if coincidnece or if this has anything to do with my issues.

Thanks in advance

Downstream Power: 1.9

Downstream DNR: 39.3

Upstream Power: 45.5

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Excessive Pixelation - Tech Support Tells Me To Check Cables

Those numbers are OK but something else is wrong. Have a Comcast tech evaluate your situation.

Mording wrote:

I've contacted chat support twice about excessive pixelation issues. Reboot your box, check your cables is the only solution they offer.

The isssue is primarily on the small PiD boxes (2 in total). Fast images (sporting events) are terrible and the signal looks like 480p video. Signal strength on my X1 DVR seems to be decent (stats below). Any ideas? I like need a tech to come out and do some testing. There was a new cable drop run from my box to two houses down several weeks ago (still laying on the street). Not sure if coincidnece or if this has anything to do with my issues.

Thanks in advance

Frequent Visitor

What's the easiest way to setup a service call?
Expert

Mording wrote:

Thanks in advance

did you try setting 720p as set top box output? exit exit exit 720

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Silver Problem Solver

Mording wrote:
What's the easiest way to setup a service call?

I have had good luck with 1800comcast.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I can try. What is the thought process? Set to 1080p currently as I always have been
Expert

Mording wrote:
I can try. What is the thought process? Set to 1080p currently as I always have been

you didn't hit the quote button so not sure if you were talking to me. The standard cable channels are or soon will be converted to 720p. that will leave a few local must carry in 1080i in mpeg2. I was suggesting that you let your TV's probably superior  electronics do the upconverting rather than your set top box.

Frequent Visitor

Makes sense and I'll try it

How does my tv upscaling work when Xfinity boxes are set to 1080p vs setting to 720p as suggested?
Expert

Mording wrote:
Makes sense and I'll try it

How does my tv upscaling work when Xfinity boxes are set to 1080p vs setting to 720p as suggested?

I can't tell the difference on my 42 inch sharp fwiw. I decided since the trend is 720p for Comcast to set output to that and let the TV upscale internally. Results may vary.