Community Forum

Error trying to watch TV on my computer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Error trying to watch TV on my computer

I keep getting this error when I try to watch TV on my computer:

Error 900 101000.101004.101005

It tells me to refresh but it doesn't work.

Problem Solver

Re: Error trying to watch TV on my computer

I have reviewed several old posts. It seems this problem has been going on for some time. The only response from a Comcast employee, other than we are working on this problem, has been to refresh the page up to 3 times.

If you click on the link below Adobe will detect the Flash Player installed on your browser. A chart on the page will display the version that should be installed with different operating systems and browsers. I do not think this is the solution, but checking will not hurt anything.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

New Poster

Thank you for the information.  I downloaded a new version of flash player but it didnt' work.  I "refreshed" about 5 times and nothing.  It's great that were paying for something that doesn't work. 

Regular Contributor

You didn't mention what show's you're trying to watch, but I've found that in many cases if you go to the networks website you can watch without problems. Depending on the network, you may have to authenticate as a Comcast / Xfinity customer but I've never had a problem doing that.

In the almost two years I've been using the streaming service the only time I ever got the 900 etc error was when I was trying to watch something on HBO like Game of Thrones etc and it usually resolved itself after a few days making me wonder if it was some kind of capacity issue.

- Norm

New Poster

I get thisd error : An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.2e6c19b8.1428684925.32e39eae even when I try and select TV from my main browser.  When I finally do get there, I get the error again when I select TV show or movie.  If you cannot get it fixed, I will switch to another internet provider.  I don't like paying good money for lousy service. 

Problem Solver

You do understand we are Comcast customers just like you. My name dadgren is blue in color, a Comcast employee's name will be RED in color.

I wish I could fix things like this. All I can do is suggest things that you can do on your computer, that have helped others in the past.

If you wish to continue.....try this, it is pretty easy, does not take long and is worth trying.

*************************************************************************************************

Please try clearing your browser's cache as described in this link. And post a reply if this helps. It should because Comcast videos load a large amount of cache in your browser when the video starts.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

At the top of this web page you will see the following, just put your pointer on YOUR browser and left click. It lists 17 different browsers and is comprehensive - you only need your browser's info.

***********************************************************************************************

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
17 Methods: Chrome v10+, Chrome v1 - v9, Safari for iOS - iPhone and iPad, Safari for Mac OS, XSafari for Windows, Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7 Firefox 4, Firefox 30+, Firefox 33, Android, Opera, Mozilla SeaMonkey, Konqueror, BlackBerry 6.0

************************************************************************************************

Your internet browser's cache stores certain information (snapshots) of webpages you visit on your computer or mobile device so that they'll load more quickly upon future visits and while navigating through websites that use the same images on multiple pages so that you do not download the same image multiple times. Occasionally, however your cache can prevent you from seeing updated content, or cause functional problems when stored content conflicts with live content. You can fix many browser problems simply by clearing your cache. This article contains instructions with screenshots on how to clear the cache for all major browsers.