Community Forum

Error: "HBO Subscription Required"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Error: "HBO Subscription Required"

Hi,

Trying to watch ep2 of Veep -- http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Veep/175287/2227613469/Veep-02-%28HBO%29/videos -- and getting orange key icon then message that HBO subscription is required.

I am an HBO subscriber; my profile page correctly reflects this.  I am signed in according to upper right corner of screens. 

In trying to isolate the problem, I discovered that I can't watch other HBO videos (or Showtime, to which I am also subscribed), but can watch AMC and CBS videos.  On previous occasions, I have had no difficulty accessing programs from premium channels to which I am subscribed, but it now seems my subscription info is not correctly associated with my account for online viewing?

In case of relevance:

-> I have tried from Chrome and IE9, have restarted both browsers, have signed out and back in, have cleared cache and cookies, have pinched earlobe while holding my mouth right.  All stabs in the dark have had same results.

-> Device info:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:  32244

My Cable Provider:  Comcast Jacksonville One Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:  Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:  Unknown

My Queue setup:  False

Facebook Queue Syncing:  false

Facebook Connect:  False

My public IP address:  24.129.44.29

My operating system:  Windows -  Windows NT 6.1

My web browser:  Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC)

My system type:  Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version:  Not Installed

My Silverlight version:  5.1.10411.0

My flash version:  11.1 r102

Javascript;  enabled

Cookies:  enabled

I dread the endless, anonymous support call menus and repeated info and explanations, so thought I'd ask here first.  Any advice or assistance very much appreciated.  With thanks,

-j

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error: "HBO Subscription Required"

jsw0724 wrote:

Hi,

Trying to watch ep2 of Veep -- http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Veep/175287/2227613469/Veep-02-%28HBO%29/videos -- and getting orange key icon then message that HBO subscription is required.

I am an HBO subscriber; my profile page correctly reflects this.  I am signed in according to upper right corner of screens. 

In trying to isolate the problem, I discovered that I can't watch other HBO videos (or Showtime, to which I am also subscribed), but can watch AMC and CBS videos.  On previous occasions, I have had no difficulty accessing programs from premium channels to which I am subscribed, but it now seems my subscription info is not correctly associated with my account for online viewing?

In case of relevance:

-> I have tried from Chrome and IE9, have restarted both browsers, have signed out and back in, have cleared cache and cookies, have pinched earlobe while holding my mouth right.  All stabs in the dark have had same results.

-> Device info:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:  32244

My Cable Provider:  Comcast Jacksonville One Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:  Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:  Unknown

My Queue setup:  False

Facebook Queue Syncing:  false

Facebook Connect:  False

My public IP address:  24.129.44.29

My operating system:  Windows -  Windows NT 6.1

My web browser:  Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC)

My system type:  Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version:  Not Installed

My Silverlight version:  5.1.10411.0

My flash version:  11.1 r102

Javascript;  enabled

Cookies:  enabled

I dread the endless, anonymous support call menus and repeated info and explanations, so thought I'd ask here first.  Any advice or assistance very much appreciated.  With thanks,

-j

Do these channels work on your set-top box?

Is your billing up to date?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Hello Joe,

All channels working on TV (via TiVo with M-Card).  Billing up to date,

Thanks,

-j

Official Employee

jsw0724 wrote:

Hello Joe,

All channels working on TV (via TiVo with M-Card).  Billing up to date,

Thanks,

-j

Our team is further looking into your issue. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

WOW-EEEEE..... The most recent related issue getting HBO on my PC is dated in yeara 2012.

Tags (1)