Community Forum

Error code: RemoteScheduling:008

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Error code: RemoteScheduling:008

I have the Comcast app on my iPhone and I'm trying to schedule recordings and it says "Sorry! An error occurred during this request" and when I log on online it gives me this error code: RemoteScheduling:008. Please help
New Poster

Re: Error code: RemoteScheduling:008

I am having the same problem. Good luck trying to get help from Comcast, I am on the phone now with the forth technician as no one understands the problem. Unreal!
Official Employee

Once we get the issue resolved on your computer the app will start working also.

Please try using a different web browser and let me know if you are getting the same error message.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Firefox 10.0.2; Chrome 17.0.963.56 ; OS Linux.

Same problem: Error code: RemoteScheduling:008

This occurs when trying to view the DVR schedule.  It is an intermittent problem that has gotten really bad today(Mar. 2, 2012).  Also when going through the listings the ones that are already scheduled appear as if they still need to be scheduled and no error message appears to indicate that it was unable to read the DVR.

It would also be nice to have the error code appear in a bold color.  Light gray text on a gray background is not conducive to finding the code.  The error message in bright red pulls your eye away from the error code.  I do believe the error code is more important then the useless general error message in red!

As this is an intermittent problem, I don't believe that is is a browser problem.  The browsers are working fine other then when accessing listings and the DVR and then it is intermittent.

Regular Contributor

confirming same error message as of 15:36 on Fri.

New Poster

Another observation which leads me to believe it is something on Xfinity/Comcast servers.  When the problems starts, it is showing up on all my browsers at the same time.  And when it starts working again on one browser all start working.

New Poster

I'm also having this issue and I've tried it on all of my browsers and on my iphone app (10/17/13). does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? thanks

Regular Visitor

This must be a system error since we have continual "sorry your premium service isn't working" in my area for years and only get refurb equipment as the latest upgrade.